Tex's 2019 GX460 build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
After months of deliberation we finally decided to abandon our TRD Pro 4Runner and trade it in on a new 2019 GX460. That was our third 5th Gen and even though I enjoyed the Pro more than the previous ones, I never quite fell in love with the platform. The GX460 is basically the same platform but it provides a lot of small upgrades in areas where I think the 5th Gen fell short. I owned a 2011 GX460 with the ex and we enjoyed it for the three years that we had it. My only complaints are the horrid front end and of course the rear barn door, I will simply have to accept it for what it is and learn to tolerate it haha.

Day one we took it to Discount Tire and slapped on some 255/70/18 (32.1x10x18) Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the stock wheels. I plan to run 285/75/17's on the SCS SR8 wheels I have left over from the 4Runner but I can't put those on until we lift it so these 32's will do for now and will help it to not look so soccer mom-ish until then. I installed the ARB twin compressor on the Slee bracket I removed from the 4Runner earlier today and I have a set of Hefty Fab sliders from the 4Runner lying around waiting to go on as well. It'll be going in to my paint/tint/wrap guy soon to have the rear debadged and to have the chrome either blacked out or color matched to the Titanium SCS wheels that will be going on soon.

I am torn between the Toytec Boss Aluma series lift, Dobinson's MRR or MRA or going all out for King's, there's a hefty $1200-1500 difference between the kits and that chunk of money would cover a lot of other goodies. I just have to decide whether or not the King's are worth the extra coin. Duggy's Garage in Houston will do the install along with a BMC, TC UCA's, and alignment. I will have them install a Ironman Premium front bumper and winch as well.

I ordered the parts for MTC and Crawl Control so I will be installing those soon and I am still deciding between a Rhino or FrontRunner rack so that'll be going on by years end as well. I am not a fan of any of the rear bumpers currently available for the GX/Prado/150 so I am considering making a 5th Gen rear bumper work with a little modification, but that's yet to be determined. Eventually it'll get a ARB rear locker and lower gearing to help turn the bigger meats. I am looking at rear drawer options as we speak, but I am not sure where I will end up.

I am excited for this new build and I know that we will both appreciate the comfort and extra power that the GX has over the 5th Gen while retaining a similar size and agility off-road. This truck should make for a comfortable and every bit as capable and reliable rig as the 5th Gen for our travel, off-road, and hunting needs.

Y4Hbkhs.jpg

zIgtIjT.jpg

hpdymau.jpg

22S3tYv.jpg

XBKfMkv.jpg

nLrL0zg.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Who wants to start a pool on the week this year that Tex's LX is traded for a Superduty or Ram HD? Because this is the replacement for that...

LOL, that's fair given my track record haha. That said, the LX isn't going anywhere anytime soon, we love that ride. Now I am not saying that it's not possible that it won't be replaced by a built Land Cruiser at some point, but it definitely won't be replaced by a truck. The truck will likely be added as a third vehicle at some point.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Got her out on the beach today with a buddy in his Rubicon. Very similar to the 4Runner in the deep sand but I did notice the extra weight at times as it would dig in the deep sand more than the 4Runner ever did. No complaints.

Y5AnOWm.jpg

yCpTp25.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater