The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

BlakeA

Will the CFX3 fridges offered for this sale still only work with one power source at a time plugged in?
If so, will they just have a sticker applied stating such?
Or...will they have been reworked for the use of two power plugs at one time?
Bought and registered my Cfx3 months ago. Still haven’t recieved a sticker.

Just an update on my CFX3-35:
Rec'd an email from customer service, and apparently the CFX3 fridges going forward will NOT be operable with both power sources plugged in at the same time. They will have a sticker affixed stating as such, and the instructions will also show that. I was offered a refund for mine if I was not satisfied with the way this will work for my intended usage. I had also purchased the cover for the fridge and was offered a refund for it as well, minus a 20% restock fee.

I am trying to decide how to proceed, as I do not see where I would ever need to have both power sources hooked up at the same time, and otherwise, the fridge seems to work well.
In what scenario would a person need to have both power sources hooked up at the same time with automatic switching between the two? I'm trying to decide if this scenario would EVER apply to MY usage before going through the hassle of returning it and possibly going with an ARB or Engel fridge.

adaml

Just an update on my CFX3-35:
Rec'd an email from customer service, and apparently the CFX3 fridges going forward will NOT be operable with both power sources plugged in at the same time. They will have a sticker affixed stating as such, and the instructions will also show that. I was offered a refund for mine if I was not satisfied with the way this will work for my intended usage. I had also purchased the cover for the fridge and was offered a refund for it as well, minus a 20% restock fee.

I am trying to decide how to proceed, as I do not see where I would ever need to have both power sources hooked up at the same time, and otherwise, the fridge seems to work well.
In what scenario would a person need to have both power sources hooked up at the same time with automatic switching between the two? I'm trying to decide if this scenario would EVER apply to MY usage before going through the hassle of returning it and possibly going with an ARB or Engel fridge.

I think it depends on how much you leave the fridge in your car and how long your car sits. I leave mine in the truck almost permanently. If I'm going to be parked at home for a few days, I'll run an extension cord to the truck to plug in the fridge so it doesn't drain my battery (and shut the fridge off). If you take it out when you're not going on trips OR you empty it and turn it off all the time, it may not matter to you.

svinyard

As is most things of this nature...significant issues are often indicative of poor process. I'm more concerned about the other "stuff" that hasn't burned up a camper and initiated a recall. I could live without the dual source plugin I think but am concerned about other areas of the fridge that were poorly QC'd and put out.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
It's been a very long road, but we have now have the CFX3 sliders available and in stock
:thumbsup:
(y) .

Sliders for the 35, 45, 55, 75, and 100 CFX3s are all in stock!

instock.jpg

Find the sliders and other CFX3 accessories here

Be sure to use the discount code below to save a bit more off your order!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

AzDrew

Anyone else have a lid that gets stuck? I’ve had the fridge for a few months now and it can take a lot of force to get the opening mechanism to pivot in order to open the fridge. I can’t figure out how to fix this issue

Dometic

We've had some reports from customers saying that they've seen sliders going in and out of stock on our site. I asked about this and found that while we have had slides coming in, some have been going to customers who went through our site, and others purchased through distributors.

If you still are looking for a slide for your CFX3, our recommendation is to get an order in (our site or with one of our distributors), so it will hold your spot. By late November, we're hoping that we'll be getting caught up on back orders and have inventory again for CFX3s, slides, PLB40s, and more.

Thanks for your patience!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Seth_sd

Just wanted to follow up on returning the faulty units covered by the Dometic recall. There were some posts by Dometic indicating that you should be able to get the recall team to send you a box to return the item. It looks like that is not the case and Dometic has updated the other thread that you will be responsible for boxing the unit up which is no easy chore.

There is no mention of returning it to your retailer. I took mine back to REI and in less time than I spent with the recall team on the phone, I had a credit back on my credit card.

If you were debating returning it and not wanting to deal with the headache of boxing it up, take it back to your retailer if you can and especially if its REI. For me, it was certainly better than keeping a unit that was faulty and recalled.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
We've had some reports from customers saying that they've seen sliders going in and out of stock on our site. I asked about this and found that while we have had slides coming in, some have been going to customers who went through our site, and others purchased through distributors.

If you still are looking for a slide for your CFX3, our recommendation is to get an order in (our site or with one of our distributors), so it will hold your spot. By late November, we're hoping that we'll be getting caught up on back orders and have inventory again for CFX3s, slides, PLB40s, and more.

Thanks for your patience!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

I received a slide this week I had ordered 6/25 on a dealer account so I can imagine they are just filling back orders at this point.

devlooper

I'm having serious issues with my brand new CFX3 55IM and my experience with the US based Dometic team has been abysmal.

Got my cfx3 55IM in finally after I was sold and paid for a unit not in stock (even though I confirmed the exact one I was looking at was in stock - it was in fact not and was provided false information) It finally arrived, hooked it up to AC, it worked no problem. Unplugged AC and hooked it up to my Jackery solar generator 12v socket and it wouldn't turn on. Weird, but didn't worry about it because that was only to test DC power as I intended to have it wired to a dual battery.

Finally installed the secondary battery which is a 50Ah LiFePo4 battery turned on and success it worked overnight.

the next day I got All sorts of errors:

This was the first error I got:FridgeWarning.jpeg

This is the error explanation on the cfx3 application - because I cannot find anywhere else what !warning33 means
Error1.png

Then I continued to get additional Errors such as this one:
Error2.png

I am not running the Icemaker because to run the ice maker the compressor is on 100% of the time - at least that is my experience with it hooked up to AC.

So, on Monday I attempted multiple times to talk to someone calling the US Dometic customer support line and first time the connection with the representative was terrible. I'm chocking this up to people working from home and using a VOIP customer support system during this pandemic. However after waiting almost an hour to speak with someone I could not hear I was hung up on.
FirstCall-HungupOn.jpeg

Attempted to call back again and waited on the phone for over an hour and a half to be told I needed to take the brand new fridge to a service center to be looked at:
SecondCall.jpeg

Used the "find a dealer/service center" on dometics website and found the two closes to me - call one of them line is no longer in service. Called the second one where the gentleman informed me he no longer did dometic warranty stuff and the first place I called has been out of business for a long time. So now I have no service centers in my town, or in the town closes to me. Luckily he mentioned an RV store that might look at it so I gave them a call and they are part of the dometic warranty service groups. If he didn't tell me that I would have been SOL and would have had to wait another hour to get someone on the line at dometic to once again help me.

I also reached out to their social media team on instagram and they recommended I call the Customer support line for additional help, but they're going to send my information to the US based representative.

This is not all. When the compressor tries to turn on, while on DC power there is a terrible thud/clunk almost as if the compressor cant turn on. This happens over and over again until I unplug it all the time while not cooling the food/drinks.

View attachment Video.MOV

I dont know what they changed from the CFX line to this new CFX3 line but I am having serious issues with my unit and its been stored inside my house for a month and then only put into my vehicle for 48 hours before I'm having serious issues.

Not only does this line have the recall on not being able to plug into AC and DC power but now this. I always viewed dometic as a world leader in 12v refrigeration but now I am having serious doubts. Lets hope my $1,200 purchase is not a giant paperweight as I really do like the unit's form factor and the features on it. But if I'm going off grid for a week or more with food I need a unit that is dependable and works without throwing and error and causing me to find the nearest service center. This has already impacted some planned trips I have coming up. Not to mention the hours and hours I've spent trying to get anyone at dometic to help me and to find some sort of resolution for my unit.

Very disheartened and frustrated right now.

Thanks for listening.
-Devlooper.

Dometic

I'm having serious issues with my brand new CFX3 55IM and my experience with the US based Dometic team has been abysmal.

Got my cfx3 55IM in finally after I was sold and paid for a unit not in stock (even though I confirmed the exact one I was looking at was in stock - it was in fact not and was provided false information) It finally arrived, hooked it up to AC, it worked no problem. Unplugged AC and hooked it up to my Jackery solar generator 12v socket and it wouldn't turn on. Weird, but didn't worry about it because that was only to test DC power as I intended to have it wired to a dual battery.

Finally installed the secondary battery which is a 50Ah LiFePo4 battery turned on and success it worked overnight.

the next day I got All sorts of errors:

This was the first error I got:View attachment 619618

This is the error explanation on the cfx3 application - because I cannot find anywhere else what !warning33 means
View attachment 619619

Then I continued to get additional Errors such as this one:
View attachment 619620

I am not running the Icemaker because to run the ice maker the compressor is on 100% of the time - at least that is my experience with it hooked up to AC.

So, on Monday I attempted multiple times to talk to someone calling the US Dometic customer support line and first time the connection with the representative was terrible. I'm chocking this up to people working from home and using a VOIP customer support system during this pandemic. However after waiting almost an hour to speak with someone I could not hear I was hung up on.
View attachment 619621

Attempted to call back again and waited on the phone for over an hour and a half to be told I needed to take the brand new fridge to a service center to be looked at:
View attachment 619622

Used the "find a dealer/service center" on dometics website and found the two closes to me - call one of them line is no longer in service. Called the second one where the gentleman informed me he no longer did dometic warranty stuff and the first place I called has been out of business for a long time. So now I have no service centers in my town, or in the town closes to me. Luckily he mentioned an RV store that might look at it so I gave them a call and they are part of the dometic warranty service groups. If he didn't tell me that I would have been SOL and would have had to wait another hour to get someone on the line at dometic to once again help me.

I also reached out to their social media team on instagram and they recommended I call the Customer support line for additional help, but they're going to send my information to the US based representative.

This is not all. When the compressor tries to turn on, while on DC power there is a terrible thud/clunk almost as if the compressor cant turn on. This happens over and over again until I unplug it all the time while not cooling the food/drinks.

View attachment 619625

I dont know what they changed from the CFX line to this new CFX3 line but I am having serious issues with my unit and its been stored inside my house for a month and then only put into my vehicle for 48 hours before I'm having serious issues.

Not only does this line have the recall on not being able to plug into AC and DC power but now this. I always viewed dometic as a world leader in 12v refrigeration but now I am having serious doubts. Lets hope my $1,200 purchase is not a giant paperweight as I really do like the unit's form factor and the features on it. But if I'm going off grid for a week or more with food I need a unit that is dependable and works without throwing and error and causing me to find the nearest service center. This has already impacted some planned trips I have coming up. Not to mention the hours and hours I've spent trying to get anyone at dometic to help me and to find some sort of resolution for my unit.

Very disheartened and frustrated right now.

Thanks for listening.
-Devlooper.

If you'll PM me your contact information and order details I'll escalate this within the CFX3 product team.

I'll be offline starting 6pm EST tomorrow (October 22) but if you can get your information to me beforehand I'll get it over to the team.

Thanks!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

devlooper

If you'll PM me your contact information and order details I'll escalate this within the CFX3 product team.

I'll be offline starting 6pm EST tomorrow (October 22) but if you can get your information to me beforehand I'll get it over to the team.

Thanks!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Thank you Dometic! I actually reached out to your social media team and they were absolutely incredible. MUCH MUCH more responsive than the retail store I bought it from. I'm actually blown away by Dometic's willingness to work with me.

Thank you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman