The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
@Dometic I ordered a fridge slide for my CFX3 75DZ in the middle of February. This ships straight from you I am told. I was also told that it would ship mid-April. Well I just got an email today from the point of sale saying that it will ship in the end of June? I need it for a memorial day trip, can you shed any light (other than the consistent talk about COVID and supply chain problems) on this?

Can you share who you ordered it through? I can ask the team about inventory but I wasn't aware that there were inventory issues at this point. I know that the 75DZ is available on our website right now and that means that there are units available in our warehouse, otherwise you will see it go unavailable or backorder. While distributor orders may ship from Dometic, the inventory and supply is not from the same warehouse that we support our website with. That said, in the past, distributor orders were usually shipped/supported before we retained inventory for our website sales.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

AMUDIE_R1

Can you share who you ordered it through? I can ask the team about inventory but I wasn't aware that there were inventory issues at this point. I know that the 75DZ is available on our website right now and that means that there are units available in our warehouse, otherwise you will see it go unavailable or backorder. While distributor orders may ship from Dometic, the inventory and supply is not from the same warehouse that we support our website with. That said, in the past, distributor orders were usually shipped/supported before we retained inventory for our website sales.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

@Dometic I'm referring to the Slide for the 75DZ. I ordered it through Camping World, but at this point I'm willing to have it shipped from anywhere that has stock.

Dometic

@Dometic I'm referring to the Slide for the 75DZ. I ordered it through Camping World, but at this point I'm willing to have it shipped from anywhere that has stock.

Ahhh...missed that it was a slide. I've got an email out to see if I can get an update on what's going on inventory-wise. These are out of stock on our site as well but it's been some time since I last got an update on slides. I'll reply back as soon as I have some info.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

andyf

@Dometic I have an almost new CFX3 55im that I cannot keep running properly on 12v supply only. I keep receiving !Warning 33 when running on 12 volt after the cooler gets down to temp. It will start once, but then errors out upon the second cycle of the compressor. I am also having heck with getting it fixed as we do not have any competent service centers in West Texas.

1. I have not had any luck getting the unit fixed. This is frustrating given that it is a $1100 piece of kit.
2. It has only been ran a few times and already has issues. This concerns me as I have a 10 day trip to Colorado planned in July and I have zero faith in this product. I would hate for something as silly as a refrigerator to spoil a trip.
3. I have noticed on a few other complaints about the !Warning 33 that the response from Dometic was "This is a simple fix". What is the actual fix? I would like the unit repaired/replaced by dometic, but if it does this again I would like to be able to make an in-field repair to continue with our trip.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
@Dometic I have an almost new CFX3 55im that I cannot keep running properly on 12v supply only. I keep receiving !Warning 33 when running on 12 volt after the cooler gets down to temp. It will start once, but then errors out upon the second cycle of the compressor. I am also having heck with getting it fixed as we do not have any competent service centers in West Texas.

1. I have not had any luck getting the unit fixed. This is frustrating given that it is a $1100 piece of kit.
2. It has only been ran a few times and already has issues. This concerns me as I have a 10 day trip to Colorado planned in July and I have zero faith in this product. I would hate for something as silly as a refrigerator to spoil a trip.
3. I have noticed on a few other complaints about the !Warning 33 that the response from Dometic was "This is a simple fix". What is the actual fix? I would like the unit repaired/replaced by dometic, but if it does this again I would like to be able to make an in-field repair to continue with our trip.
Have you ever plugged the AC lead and the DC lead at the same time since you have owned It ??

PW_SD

Addicted
When my CFX3 45L is in the back my truck at a slightly high position, it is very difficult to close the lid without the right amount of leverage (or being more overhead the fridge). Further, my kids struggle to latch the lid at a normal height, under their own strength. Are there any suggestions on how to improve the latch / leverage to make the it latch-closed more reliably or without as much effort? Has me longing for a traditional latch handle for sure. Inputs welcome !

67cj5

Man On a Mission
When my CFX3 45L is in the back my truck at a slightly high position, it is very difficult to close the lid without the right amount of leverage (or being more overhead the fridge). Further, my kids struggle to latch the lid at a normal height, under their own strength. Are there any suggestions on how to improve the latch / leverage to make the it latch-closed more reliably or without as much effort? Has me longing for a traditional latch handle for sure. Inputs welcome !
Try spraying both the Locking part and the reciever part with some of the that Back to Black or Dashboard Spray, it is silicone based and will work as a natural Lube,

Hope that helps.

J.

PW_SD

Addicted
Try spraying both the Locking part and the reciever part with some of the that Back to Black or Dashboard Spray, it is silicone based and will work as a natural Lube,

Hope that helps.

J.
Thank you. Curious if Dometic has a recommendation also ....

Dometic

Only available on Dometic.com, the sale includes:

20% off with free shipping on
  • All CFX3 models
  • CFX3 protective covers
  • PLB40s
  • Camping gear
  • and more!
MEM-DAY-21-(AWARENESS)-800-(Discovery-Portrait).jpg

The sale will be starting May 17th and run through May 31st.

Click here to get your order started

:thumbsup:

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

67cj5

Man On a Mission
6 Reasons to love the PLB-40's.

1) It's light to carry around,

2) It Charges pretty darn fast roughly at 17%+ per hour,

3) It has the bigger Anderson Socket on the back to run direct from a Solar panel or Cigar lead,

4) It has the ARB/Engel 2-Pin Screw in 12v 15Ah Socket so no chance of your Fridge ever shutting down,

5) And it has a built in MPPT Charge Controller

6) And it has over 2000 cycles in it, which means if you flatten it every 3 days = 6000 days divided that by 365 then it should last you beyond 16.4 years, But if you only discharge it to around 30 or 40% then you are going to get around 8000 cycles from it, ??.

Can you tell me if they can survive being in the bed of a truck during a rain storm?
If the cooler was rained on would the warranty cover this if the unit failed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk