The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Does Dometic have a fridge that can live in the back of a open truck bed?
Thanks
If you have some protection from the elements (and thieves) and you still have air circulation around it, you could run a CFX or CFX3 that way. Between the UV damage and the potential to soak electronics in rain or snow, though, you really would want some type of protection on the fridge.

Anyone else here care to share how you may have solved keeping your CFX3 in an open bed?

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Fallon 40

Observer
Thanks for the reply, I did not think about the UV. I guess something like the Goose Gear box people put fridges in might help.

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Anyone know how to do a factory reset on. CFX3 45? Tried the button sequence in the manual but it’s not doing anything.

I’m currently stuck with a QR code on the display and nothing I do will get rid of it. Tried unplugging, all combinations of button pushes, etc, but it pops up again. Even tried the 619 app but all that does is put me in an endless loop saying “try again”.

Iz211

Anyone know how to do a factory reset on. CFX3 45? Tried the button sequence in the manual but it’s not doing anything.

I’m currently stuck with a QR code on the display and nothing I do will get rid of it. Tried unplugging, all combinations of button pushes, etc, but it pops up again. Even tried the 619 app but all that does is put me in an endless loop saying “try again”.
Did you scan QR code from inside unit on the lid?

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Did you scan QR code from inside unit on the lid?

Not from the lid, but the bottom of the fridge. I kept playing around with it last night and it wasn't until I removed the fridge from the car that I noticed the QR code on the bottom. Scanned that and was able to unlock it with the 619 app. Not sure why Dometic would lock you out of the controls with no way of manually resetting it except from some random app that's not mentioned anywhere on their site. Seems like this should've been incorporated into the mobile cooling app for the CFX3. If this had happened on a trip I would've been screwed.

I really want to like this fridge, but every time I use it seems like it's a 50/50 chance on whether it will work or not. The reality is I had a 13 year old edgestar fridge that worked much better with zero problems.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Over a lot of conversations, we've heard a lot of questions related to fridge use and energy consumption; in particular, how long can you run a fridge without ending up in a "no-start" situation.

There are a lot of factors involved in determining this: type of battery or batteries, condition of the charging system, wiring to the fridge, how often you open the fridge, actual electrical consumption that the fridge requires, etc. While we may not be able to determine the condition of your wiring or charging system, we can help with info on what the CFX3 line of fridges consumes power-wise.

View attachment 564355

In the above graph, we've measured each of our CFX3 models running at typical fridge (39 degrees F) and freezer temperatures (5 degrees F) and how external ambient temp impacts energy consumption. Given that the hottest temps will be in the day, you can rest assured that power consumption at night will be much lower regardless of what temp you set.

While the above graph will help you decide what CFX3 you might be interested in and how your power system will support, you'll also have access to our updated app. Not only does it help you control and monitoring everything on your cooler, it even tracks power consumption. You'll quickly get a feel of how it works with your battery, batteries, or a stand-alone power source like our PLB-40.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com
Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

When you say cooler, does that mean these use Peltier tech, rather than Danfoss-type DC compressors?

If so, is there a maximum temperature delta between ambient and internal?

Say ambient was 37°C. . .
I'm looking at these to build a console in the front of my F 150, so....

I really hate marketing, it's the art of deceit, old saying about numbers, figures lie and liars figure, but not saying your numbers are wrong.

That graph doesn't answer the question asked. Simple question, can we get a simple answer?

Is it a Danforth compressor type? Yes or no? If no, what is it using?

Now, can we get an answer about the temp variance that was asked?

Thanks, :)

brices123

@Dometic Can you tell us what the plans are for updating the Mobile Cooling app? The iOS (iPhone) version 2.0.10 has not been updated in over three months and still does not work (for a lot of us).
I have a CFX3 55IM and I am unable to connect the Mobile Cooling app to the fridge. I have tried the hard reset, the 619 app reset and other suggestions, and I still cannot connect.
My CFX3 55IM still works fine, I just cannot check it remotely.

Thank you.

I'm looking at these to build a console in the front of my F 150, so....

I really hate marketing, it's the art of deceit, old saying about numbers, figures lie and liars figure, but not saying your numbers are wrong.

That graph doesn't answer the question asked. Simple question, can we get a simple answer?

Is it a Danforth compressor type? Yes or no? If no, what is it using?

Now, can we get an answer about the temp variance that was asked?

Thanks, :)
CFX3s use a proprietary compressor, not a Danfoss.

Dometic

@Dometic Can you tell us what the plans are for updating the Mobile Cooling app? The iOS (iPhone) version 2.0.10 has not been updated in over three months and still does not work (for a lot of us).
I have a CFX3 55IM and I am unable to connect the Mobile Cooling app to the fridge. I have tried the hard reset, the 619 app reset and other suggestions, and I still cannot connect.
My CFX3 55IM still works fine, I just cannot check it remotely.

Thank you.
From what I've learned, there is a new version planned for release sometime in June. In the meantime, I'll send you a private message and get you connected with someone who might be able to help out with the connection issues you are having (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Nryke

I have 3 CFX3 coolers, and one of them (CFX3 95) does not cools properly and the seat of the seal of the lids on both sides gets really hot. Then a message on screen appears “controller over temperature “.
Please help.
Best regards.

Lostsheep

Glad I found this thread so I can add to the the list of those with problems. I have a the dual zone variant. It was a fantastic fridge until it stopped working.

I don’t fault companies for stuff breaking and needing repairs but Dometic straight threw me under the bus. I contacted them about 6 months before it was out of warranty when it started acting up. We went back and forth about things to try. After 6.5 months I was told too bad it’s out of warranty.

My only option was to take it to the local Dometic vendor, they told me $250 / hour to troubleshoot and no guarantees they’d find anything.

Dometic does not seem willing to sell me replacement parts directly so I have a $1300 boat anchor.

At this point literally the only thing I know to do is to share my story to discourage others from giving them your money.

Dometic

Glad I found this thread so I can add to the the list of those with problems. I have a the dual zone variant. It was a fantastic fridge until it stopped working.

I don’t fault companies for stuff breaking and needing repairs but Dometic straight threw me under the bus. I contacted them about 6 months before it was out of warranty when it started acting up. We went back and forth about things to try. After 6.5 months I was told too bad it’s out of warranty.

My only option was to take it to the local Dometic vendor, they told me $250 / hour to troubleshoot and no guarantees they’d find anything.

Dometic does not seem willing to sell me replacement parts directly so I have a $1300 boat anchor.

At this point literally the only thing I know to do is to share my story to discourage others from giving them your money.

Sending you a private message to see if I can get you connected with someone who can help (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk