The Family Daily Driver ExPo Rig Thread!

Best Daily Driver and Family ExPo Rig

• Small Truck (Tacoma)

Votes: 39 9.0%
  • Big Truck (full size)

Votes: 75 17.4%
  • Small SUV (Jeep/FJ)

Votes: 47 10.9%
  • Mid-size SUV (Land Cruiser/Land Rover/4Runner)

Votes: 185 42.9%
  • Massive SUV (Suburban/Camper Van)

Votes: 55 12.8%
  • Minivan (kill me now!)

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • A car and good hiking and camping gear. Don't be a wuss!

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Awesome looking van! What kind of mileage do you get? These things look TOUGH.

Diesel 4x4 van!! Wish I would have bought one sooner, seats 7,sleeps 4,.can carry/tow everything. I'm 37 and have been in the automobile industry for 19 yrs I've owned and driven just about every type of expo rig/daily driver from Tacos,Land cruisers, rovers,H1, Cherokees,Wranglers 2drs/ 4dr JKs, rangers, explorers, Diesel Excursion,diesel/gas Crew cab trucks, hell even tried a Porsche cayenne,(never a vw synchro).
Nothing has ever had the versatility of my E350!
From this
etaty3u7.jpg

To this in minutes
ahe2a6y3.jpg

Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

fifthcircle

Adventurer
I also want to know more about the van! Always thought they were cool AND practical.

So, I started this thread a month before my son was born. I figured I should talk about why, and where I'm at.

I made my 2006 access cab Tacoma work for the first 8 months. That second step in rear facing car seats was a reality check in access cab dimensions! My wife would fit in the front seat, but only for a quick in town trip.

The hunt was on for something more suited to family hauling. Just as I thought, upon starting this thread, and my wife being pregnant with our second child, it was time for an SUV!

I searched long and hard for the perfect 100 series Land Cruiser. Every one I found, that was under $40k, had close to 100k mi, or was in less than great shape. Bad timing I guess, but that's what I was finding. I hadn't looked at the 5th gen 4runners at all. My wife said "what about a new 4runner....I don't like used cars anyway". Ok, fine. I did some looking online, and was quite impressed with the Trail edition, with KDSS. I also knew it was going to be unlikely that a trail would be at a dealer in Nebraska. They were only being shipped to the coasts and mountain regions.

Well, lo and behold, the dealer here had traded for one, and I loved it immediately upon the test drive. Its working out really well, but I know how big a double b.o.b. stroller is too! LOL!!

I'm really thinking an enclosed trailer and roof top tent are in my future, if I stick with the runner.

I'm glad you all like this thread. Its fun to see different family trucksters. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach