The great white fun hog (another white GM awd build)

iridewheelies

Adventurer
Great job on the swivel! I am still not happy with the one I got from discountvantruck.com and I paid a heckovalot more and probably put more time into it.

My swivel is offset to the center of the van by 2 or 3 inches, your's looks centered, like the seat is in the same spot as it was originally. Are you able to spin the seat around with the door closed? That is the only reason I can come up with for why mine is offset. I can spin it around with the door closed.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Great job on the swivel! I am still not happy with the one I got from discountvantruck.com and I paid a heckovalot more and probably put more time into it.

My swivel is offset to the center of the van by 2 or 3 inches, your's looks centered, like the seat is in the same spot as it was originally. Are you able to spin the seat around with the door closed? That is the only reason I can come up with for why mine is offset. I can spin it around with the door closed.

I set the position of the seat as close to stock as possible. I think it ended up pushed forward about 3/4" but it is centered as before.
So no I cannot turn the seat around without opening the door and I can't turn it quite 180 full degrees around.
I can live with it though as the vast majority of the time someone is in that seat will be facing forward on the road rather then turned around while parked.

iridewheelies

Adventurer
It's nice to swivel with the door closed I guess, not worth it in my opinion. I hate riding in the seat with it so far away from the passenger door arm rest, it's not comfortable at all. I'm considering trying to move it over by redialing the plate or adding a new one in there. My swivel still has a little bit of side to side play, which I also hate.

I might go shopping for a junkyard swivel and do what you did.

boardrider247

Progress is slowly trudging along through the 90 degree heat and 111% humidity

Remade my dog crate doors. I always had intended for them to be some sort of webbing but couldn't find the correct donor material until now.
2016-08-02_06-14-21 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

Also completed the install of the 3/4" rubber insulation on the hightop. I finished off the seams with 1/8x2" rubber insulating tape, found a case of old stock on ebay for $30 so if anyone wants a roll or two let me know. I doubt I'll use all of these in a lifetime.
2016-08-02_06-14-40 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

I decided against finishing the hightop with the gray hulliner. While I like that material for how easy it is to work with I felt something funkier was in order.
You'll have to wait for that update as the material has not yet arrived.
The next few weeks will be full of preparation for another west coast trip.

boardrider247

looks like L track to me.

Correct airline track, L track, O track I have found it called out multiple ways. US cargo control seems to have the best pricing.

A lot of you guys seem like jacks of all trades. I could never fab some of the things I see in these threads.

Eh you know the saying jack of all trades master of none. I can do many things well but nothing perfectly and sometimes that gets on my nerves

boardrider247

Just returned home from 4 weeks on the coast.
The old fun hog did great other then a heater hose blow out. I had used the plastic Dorman heater tee's to tie in my hot water heat exchanger to the heater core hoses. And one of those plastic tee's broke, despite being sold as for radiator/heater hose.
No major issues got it back on the road and had some brass tee's shipped to my buddies house on the coast. Just need to get a flush/fill before winter as I had to add some water to get back on the road. Didn't have enough antifreeze in the van.

I repurposed a cheap "seat back organizer" for some of our toiletries
2016-08-27_01-01-21 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

Surfboard storage above the bed. This proved to be a bit cramped I may need to revisit it at a later date.
2016-08-31_09-46-58 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

Some misc
2016-08-31_09-45-48 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2016-08-31_09-46-24 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2016-09-05_05-01-56 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2016-09-11_07-17-34 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2016-09-11_07-18-32 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

2016-09-11_07-20-06 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

And saw this awesomeness on the way
2016-09-11_07-20-18 by Danny Knowlan, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads