The Unnamed - 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

St8ton

After a very long wait, I added the Dethloff Mfg. oil pan skid. Well made and heavy duty it was a bit of a pain to install, but just take your time...cuss a little, and you'll get it done.

94zjhLbl.jpg

Added the DFG Shower Cube to the passenger side of the tent. Made my own brackets as a temporary solution, thinking of doing a quick release mount to only have the cube mounted when camping or traveling. I needed the additional length that the DFG upper strap adjustments provide which is why I went with them. They also send an amazingly complete kit with included wrenches, ties downs, and mounting hardware. For the money, I don't think it can be beat.

NIyAxSUl.jpg

2Zoh34dl.jpg

311Frmjl.jpg

ZMH78HRl.jpg

J4BZ6ggl.jpg

GWRr56Hl.jpg

St8ton

Recently noticed that the undersized provided washers on the RSI Smartcap had the possibility of pulling thru over time...so I fixed that. This in on the back door of the cap. The left side has been replaced and the right is an RSI washer.

YNfNRYll.jpg

XLzVrdBl.jpg

Added some high visibility zipper pulls to my tent. Easier to find and it quiets the zippers a bit in the wind.

Syohelul.jpg

And I decided to try out an MT with a higher load rating. Toyo Open Country MT in 37x13.50r17 Load Range E

Ojnm7oXl.jpg

L07o3ecl.jpg

St8ton

I've been experimenting with running the Dometic fridge in the truck bed for several weeks. It stays cooler than in the cab, with the Smartcap being vented and the tent providing sun shade. I threw it on my ARB fridge slide that I already had as a test subject. I'm tall, so accessing the fridge wasn't too terrible...but the tilting slide that AluCab makes really is an improvement. Here are both so you can see the difference.

oXIF7pAl.jpg

tvwakBpl.jpg

a6JpFDPl.jpg

I also moved the propane tank from one side to the other creating an alley of storage all along the passenger side.

dzAyc4bl.jpg

blackdmax15

Observer
This build is sick man. Makes me wish I would have ordered the normal bed so I could build out the bed like you did. Happy for you and mega jealous at the same time!

Wilbah

Adventurer
Really great build. Very much enjoying your attention to detail. Any issues with the tilt slide? I also see the "drop slide" (I dont know if that's the correct term), which seems to keep the fridge level. Didnt know if the tilting causes any issues. Thanks for documenting all this. Great looking rig!

St8ton

This build is sick man. Makes me wish I would have ordered the normal bed so I could build out the bed like you did. Happy for you and mega jealous at the same time!
Thanks. I too was back and forth about the RamBox setup...but ultimately I knew I wanted some kind of bedrock/bedcap tent setup and this was the way to go.

St8ton

Really great build. Very much enjoying your attention to detail. Any issues with the tilt slide? I also see the "drop slide" (I dont know if that's the correct term), which seems to keep the fridge level. Didnt know if the tilting causes any issues. Thanks for documenting all this. Great looking rig!
The straight out ARB slide worked well, but since the truck is so tall (and I'm 6'3") it made it difficult to reach everything in the fridge. The AluCab tilting slide makes the reach much easier. No issues with the tilt.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea the RamBoxes are a detriment if you want to do anything beyond a bed cover. The width you lose is a drawback too. Truck is looking great @St8ton.

Etoimos

Observer
This is a sweet build! I'm considering switching from my Gladiator to a PW, so your thread is helping me think through some of the mods I'd want to do if I pull the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater