The VagabondExpedition Jeep Build (& Adventures)....

So, a few posts above I indicated that I had a few problems (and subsequent repairs) done on the expedition Jeep this summer and fall.

I better catch everyone up to what the symptoms where, and what the solutions were so if you experience something similar with your Jeep it might help out.

The video above is my 'episode 1' of "crickets in the jeep". As noted, the problem was found and corrected, but if you've got some similar noises, stay tuned and I'll post up the follow up video shortly - and show you yet another problem that showed up in my summer adventures!

Repairs are done and problems all solved for now.

In summary, right rear brake pad assemble was shot - despite being told my brakes were fine. A dealership did a brake inspection merely by looking through the wheels at brake pad amounts. A $50 brake inspection apparently isn't much of an inspection!

Secondly, I talk about a sway bar link mounting point that ovalled out on the Jeep, and the fix that was done there.

Finally installed some new rear sway bar links. I still had been running the short OEM sway bar links since, well, forever and with the coil spacers I had done earlier this year the rear sway bar just wasn't doing it's job as well as it should.

Before install, the rear sway bar was at a -27 degrees, and now it's -7 degrees and highway driving performance has noticeably improved. I'll still keep a close eye on the movement of the rear sway bar as I do more offroad,
but for what I call "normal" driving, it looks like it's working as it should!​

The Christmas season is fast approaching, and although it's far too early for me to get "into the spirit", it's not too early to get started with planning and prepping local food and toy bank collection drives!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal