Things to look for...2006 E350

thop154

Going to go check out a 2006 E350 this week. Lifted with Camburg suspension, upgraded ball joints and steering box. Van was built as a chase van for Baja. It has the 5.4 gas motor, anything in particular to look for when going through it? Has 130,000 miles. Well kept it looks like, but I don't know too much about these motors. More familiar with the older 5.0 and 5.8, as well as the diesel Ford's. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Ask if they replaced the spark plugs with the type that don't break into pieces in the head.

I've done the broken plug change thing with the use of a special tool (purchased on Amazon) and accessibility wasn't bad on an F-series truck but probably wouldn't be fun on a van. 6 of the 8 plugs on the truck I worked on broke off upon attempted removal. At least I can vouch for how well the tool worked. :)

thop154

Thanks mgmetalworks. I asked him about that, and he said he knew what I was talking about, and that he hasn't had an issue with them. I know the early 5.4's had issues with the plugs, but this is a 2006, any chance Ford ould have fixed them since the early ones I wonder? Anyways, thanks for the advice. If he hasn't changed them out, I'm thinking that I would do that first thing, if I get the van.

mgmetalworks

Explorer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk