This one stumped The Diesel Stop-Actual weight of a '99-'07 F-350 SRW longbed?

IHDiesel73L

Adventurer
I'm looking for the actual weight (as in pounds, not "I saw three guys lift one once :p) of a SRW longbed. I'm looking at a Truck Craft aluminum flatbed for the purpose of using it as a platform for a custom built truck camper. I need to know how the weight over the rear axle is going to change because there's a lot to consider with the center of gravity of the camper, GVWR, rear axle capacity, etc... The Truck Craft flatbed weighs 320lbs-am I gaining or losing weight, and if so how much? Is this the kind of thing that Ford would have a spec on or is the only way to actually weigh a bed?

cwsqbm

Explorer
Check out the Ford Commerical Truck site. The Body Application Guide and SD pickup specs should have all the info you need.

Bed weight weight should be the same as the new trucks. According to the SD pickup specs, "to adjust the 'base curb weight' to reflect the pickup box delete, add 23 lbs to the 'front' weight and subtract 379 lbs from the 'total weight (adjust the 'rear' weight by subtracting 'front' from 'total'). This provides the weight effect of deleting the pickup box, rear step bumper, and standard spare tire, wheel, and carrier."

EDIT: give the weight of the spare tire and rear bumper, it looks like you're gaining a little bit, but so little its not worth worrying.

IHDiesel73L

Adventurer
Check out the Ford Commerical Truck site. The Body Application Guide and SD pickup specs should have all the info you need.

Bed weight weight should be the same as the new trucks. According to the SD pickup specs, "to adjust the 'base curb weight' to reflect the pickup box delete, add 23 lbs to the 'front' weight and subtract 379 lbs from the 'total weight (adjust the 'rear' weight by subtracting 'front' from 'total'). This provides the weight effect of deleting the pickup box, rear step bumper, and standard spare tire, wheel, and carrier."

EDIT: give the weight of the spare tire and rear bumper, it looks like you're gaining a little bit, but so little its not worth worrying.

Great link thanks! I never would have thought to look there.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Without digging out my 1996 "Source Book" I agree the numbers above sound very good. Close enough, add the flatbed :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater