Three-across seating in a Fuso 4x4?

Bris31

Adventurer
Anyone have luck figuring out a three-across seating solution? The stock flip up center seat is not a great ride after a few hours. We're a family of three - if I don't figure out a solution, I'll be touring by myself soon...

Due to partner's health problem, we bought an air floatation cushion (similar to the link below). Along with baggy tyres (315/75/R16) and front suspension mode, it greatly improved the comfort. She is not complaining anymore, which is what matters most. This cushion is made in USA and different models are sold for people bound in wheelchair. Price ranges from AU$200 to AU$900. There is cheaper version (Korean made) on ebay for $20 as well which I bought for backup but haven't tested so far, but it looks and feel similar.

http://www.aidacare.com.au/hr/produ...rcushions/rohoquadtroselect.aspx?segment=7266

4milesurfer

Due to partner's health problem, we bought an air floatation cushion (similar to the link below). Along with baggy tyres (315/75/R16) and front suspension mode, it greatly improved the comfort. She is not complaining anymore, which is what matters most. This cushion is made in USA and different models are sold for people bound in wheelchair. Price ranges from AU$200 to AU$900. There is cheaper version (Korean made) on ebay for $20 as well which I bought for backup but haven't tested so far, but it looks and feel similar.

http://www.aidacare.com.au/hr/produ...rcushions/rohoquadtroselect.aspx?segment=7266

Thanks for the suggestion. My wife is mainly concerned that the middle jump seat doesn't offer proper head/neck support.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
As long as you do not intend to have a pass-thru, there is no reason you could not fit 3 bucket seats in the front.
Obviously, you would have to use some custom brackets to secure the seats, but there is enough space to replace the bench with 2 buckets. The only real issue is the amount of available leg room for the middle occupant, which is something that you cannot easily increase.

4milesurfer

I'm working on air seats for the left and right passengers and a child compatible suspension seat for the middle. It's definitely possible. There are suitable mounting points for child latches.

Just curious as to whether you were successful installing a center suspension seat.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Does anyone have any pictures of the two adults one child seat set up? I'm almost ruling out the fuso as our base vehicle and opting for a sprinter chassis...

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not that great of a shot, but two out of the three, with my daughter giving a disgusted look at me stopping the truck to take a picture. This is either Nova Scotia or Newfoundland, Nova Scotia I think. We'd driven from Denver to get there so about 3000 miles into the trip with 3 up front with stock double passenger seat.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
I asked my wife and daughter their opinions of three across seating in the Fuso. Neither saw any problem with it although my daughter commented that you really have to be organized in the cab with 'stuff' because there's not a lot of room to put 'stuff' with three people in there.

4milesurfer

Does anyone have any pictures of the two adults one child seat set up? I'm almost ruling out the fuso as our base vehicle and opting for a sprinter chassis...

The Fuso comes stock with a middle jump seat. Based on the interior dimensions, it should be possible to install a middle seat. I'm trying to find someone who's actually done it. The Earthcruiser folks recommended installing a bench seat for the two passengers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger