time to sell

bdyer

Observer
I play with alot of landcruisers and i ran across this LX450 a couple of years ago and restored it to keep for the long term. I have too many vehicles and with the purchase of an airstream i need to make some room in the garage. It is a 96lx and has all the documentation since new on what has been done to the vehicle. below is a short list but i have mounds of receipts if anyone is interested.
the truck has 215,000 miles
at 140k the motor was completely rebuilt by Lexus.
I got the truck at 205 and did the following
1. rebuilt axels with toyota parts
2. new sensor, temp, o2, throttle
3. new interior from shane, all three rows of leather, stering wheell and shifter
4. diamate under carpet.
5. new spark plugs, wires,
6. new radiator
7. new supercharger
8. ems full exhaust
9. new windshield
10. new sunroof
11. removed factory roof rack and welded all holes
12. new paint all black
13. new tie rod ends and ujoints
14. ome suspension
15. 5 285 nitto terra grabplers
16. arb winch bull bar
17. ao roof rack
18. slee light harness, with jd bulbs
19. led interior lights
20. 7pin mod with dash switch
21. new factory dash
22. new kenwood nav unit with speaker upgrade
23. new toyota center consol
I only use toyota parts when available.

the list goes on, it does not have lockers but in the east i don't think they are needed. I have had both and never used the lockers. I want $25k for the truck, thought i would post it here before i put it on ebay. This is a very clean refub truck. call at 2707917096 or email at bdyer@dyerassoc.net if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2999.jpg
    IMG_2999.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 72

NGUDE

Observer
$25k, but did you guys not see that he did the 7pin mod? :victory:

glws. 215k isn't really anything.

Danimal

Adventurer
Purely a data point, but my 96 LX is in similar condition with 157k miles and i picked it up for <$8,000.

Dan

skubadu

NADA says $7000. Kelley BB says $3904, and that is from a dealer with a 30 day warranty. I would give you $7200 because of the bumper and lift. Sorry, but everything else is known as maintenance.

Last edited:

fireball

Explorer
I would've paid you 25 grand for the thing had you taken the time to remove the FUZE bottle out of the cupholder and taken a few photos without a shopping cart and grocery store in the background!

As it stands, I can't offer a penny over 24!

bdyer

Observer
Appreciate the comments

Thanks for the feed back, I know you can pick up 80's all the time for below 8k. I guess I am not interested in giving away 8k truck with almost all ware able parts replaced, approx 15k. Plus new interior. All of this good for another 100k miles for what u can buy a worn out truck for, I am cool with keeping it.

Danimal

Adventurer
Sounds like maintenance on a rig with 220,000 miles, though with a few extras to go above and beyond. My truck has seen $6k in Toyota/Lexus parts and $1000 in tires in the last 4 years from the previous owner, but it didn't increase the value. These damn things are expensive to own with high miles.

Exceptional examples go for $10 - $14 from time to time. The good news is, you may get to keep your LX!

Seriously nice Lexus you have there, and I'm really just trying to help.

Dan

native_nate

It looks like a solid truck, but $25k is going to be a hard sell. Good luck. If you've still got it in 6 months, I will be looking for an 80 or 100 when my wife and I move back to the States from Korea.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It is clearly a well modded and cared for rig. If it comes with $10,000 in cash in the glovebox you might find someone willing to go to $25k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven