Tin Top Pop Top Samurai Build

spencyg

This Space For Rent
This is some of the most creative stuff I've seen on ExPo in awhile. LOVE the custom furnace....I'll need to see more details as I've had the same kind of devilish thoughts. Also, info on your hot water heat exchanger would be neat....

Very nice work.

SG

Dubrunner

I couldn't agree more with Spency - this is a fantastic use of space and is highly inspiring. As I couldn't afford a larger SUV or ExPO vehicle for a project, I contemplated a Sammy for those "two day" or short excursions but was turned off by space. Seeing this come together with the excellent fab work, its like magic. :)

I'd definitely like to see more info on the furnace and heat exchanger as well! Great job, Sir!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Very very well done Justin. Lots of tasty bits crammed on the Samantha! <thumbup>

PS--JD, don't look at my signature. Pretend to be surprised when I show up on your doorstep. ;)

krl81

Adventurer
Nice nice nice!!! :) This thread gives me so many (bad?) ideas. :)
How much space do you have behind the seats if you don't mind me asking?

krl81

Adventurer
Aah, sorry. From the seats to the back door. Or the total "area" behind the front seats. Length and width. :) I have to throw everything out of my Jimny and start over again and as I said, your build gives me ideas. :D

Aah, sorry. From the seats to the back door. Or the total "area" behind the front seats. Length and width. :) I have to throw everything out of my Jimny and start over again and as I said, your build gives me ideas. :D

38"long x 35" wide between fender wells.
48" wide above fender wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krl81

Adventurer
Thank you very much!
Looking forward to the next step of this build. :)

Last edited:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Wow! This thing is coming along in spectacular fashion! I love the quality of work you're able to acomplish with the aluminum!

Finished up the template for the pop top flange. Now it's time to make it out of aluminum! Making it tonight/ tomorrow. Then it's off to upholstery. Should be camping in it this weekend!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416283881.219245.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416283892.883813.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416283905.418787.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416283917.151056.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416283926.069913.jpg

Thanks for the kind words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Looking forward to seeing the top Justin.
The hinged rear door window is a great idea Brian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater