Tire Clearance

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
Well Stump I spent yesterday experimenting with various wheels tires and offsets etc. Using the stock wheels is out of the question now. Not only is the tight fit a concern as well as a spring sliding and cutting a tire (I also removed those retainer clips for more flex) but there is no way I can run snow chains this winter. Something I hadn't originally considered. My hope was to pull my tires in closer and run steel rims. I want to stay with the 12.50 foot print for traction and the 33" height. So I'll stay with this set of alloys and add some 15 X 8 Cragar Soft 8's to the Christmas list.

As for rear flex I have plenty as front and rear are well matched. The rear is on 1 1/2" Rancho spring pack with a set of greasable shackles to give me 4" of lift. The front sits on JKS ACO's dialed up to 4". Works fine for me so far. Not into a case of "Inchitis". I like to keep my center of gravity as low as I can and it's a daily driver.

wADVr

Adventurer
Rubicon wheels have 5" of back spacing. The best all around back spacing for an XJ on 33s is 4.5" if you are looking to purchase new wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner