Tire question

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
I have a non lifted 2006 Taco and I'm getting new tires. Can I push bigger than 275/70 R16s BFG All Terrains under a stock Taco? I don't mind if they rub a little at full flex because it's winter and barring an unplanned departure from the road, I'm not going to be doing any wheeling until after the 3" lift next year. I just don't want to rip up the fenders and what not if something does happen.

I know I'll have to bend a bracket to fit the spare and I'm ok with that.

Thanks
Micah

the kid

Juke Box Hero
yeah, i think you can probably run a 285 70 oe even maybe a 285 75... as every tire is different between manufactures and even within the same manufactures, tire size will vary. so it will all depend on what tire you actually pic. -some tire manufactures say the tire is a "35 12.50 15" when in acutallity i might only be a 34 or 34.5" tall and only 12" wide. but then the same tire from another maker might be 35.1" tall and a true 12.5" wide...

everyone told me i could not run anything bigger than a 265 70 17 on my 4runner without a lift, well i proved them all wrong and ran 285 70 17s for almost a year without a lift and i wheeled it a lot. yeah i had some rub, but it was minimal and considering that rub will only happen at full lock and full stuff (both of which happen at very slow speeds i wasnt worried at all about it.

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
You should be fine. That tire is only about a half inch taller and maybe a half inch wider. You can certainly run a tire of that diameter and I'd be surprised if the little extra width would result in rubbing on the UCA.

Why that size? Its an unusual size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3