Tires recommendations

Clutch

<---Pass
All of this tire talk sure has me second guessing my next set...might just go back with old faithful BFG AT's. I am finding my the size I like cheaper than the Yokohamas I have been looking at, plus most likely get 20K more miles out of them.

cr500taco

Adventurer
All of this tire talk sure has me second guessing my next set...might just go back with old faithful BFG AT's. I am finding my the size I like cheaper than the Yokohamas I have been looking at, plus most likely get 20K more miles out of them.

That's where i am at. I know the BFGs have worked well for me. Keep going back and forth about trying the Coopers or sticking with BFG. Just when I think that I will bite the bullet and get Coopers, I find myself second guessing my decision.

Clutch

<---Pass
That's where i am at. I know the BFGs have worked well for me. Keep going back and forth about trying the Coopers or sticking with BFG. Just when I think that I will bite the bullet and get Coopers, I find myself second guessing my decision.

I wouldn't mind trying those Cooper ST's, they don't make a 32X11.5/15.

Keep on missing 16" 4Runner rims that pop-up on craigslist, so I can run 265's.

Looks like I can get the 32" BFG AT's for $710 delivered to my door...going to check with one of the small privately owned shops here, to see how much they
charge to mount and balance them for me.

Last edited:

cr500taco

Adventurer
I wouldn't mind trying those Cooper ST's, they don't make a 32X11.5/15.

Keep on missing 16" 4Runner rims that pop-up on craigslist, so I can run 265's.

Looks like I can get the 32" BFG AT's for $710 delivered to my door...going to check with one of the small privately owned shops here, to see how much they
charge to mount and balance them for me.

I think I may just stick with BFG ATs. I went to discount tires and was quoted a price of under $750 mounted. Locally, places want around $60 for the set to mount. The guy suggested BFG ATs over both the Cooper AT3 and ST and even the BFG Rugged Terrain, since it's a DD. Even steered me away from the ******** Cepek Fun Country. May just get a set of MTs for a second, more aggressive set, later. Then, maybe I'll get the Cooper SST.

Clutch

<---Pass
I think I may just stick with BFG ATs. I went to discount tires and was quoted a price of under $750 mounted.

That is pretty good. $790 here for 32" BFG AT's from Discount.

I would save $20, doing mail order...meh, not worth it, since I have to pull the wheels.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
If you're still looking for meats...Copper S/T Maxx
Great aggressive A/T tire.
If you are looking for a 3-ply side wall, this tire has it.
It has performed very well as a DD in all street conditions (dry/wet/snow- haven't had them on super icy pavement yet).
They have worked well in snow, mud, desert, and some mild rock so far.
A bit heavy, but very tough.

cr500taco

Adventurer
If you're still looking for meats...Copper S/T Maxx
Great aggressive A/T tire.
If you are looking for a 3-ply side wall, this tire has it.
It has performed very well as a DD in all street conditions (dry/wet/snow- haven't had them on super icy pavement yet).
They have worked well in snow, mud, desert, and some mild rock so far.
A bit heavy, but very tough.

Thanks for the input, but the Cooper ST maxx isn't available for 15" wheels. My understanding is that they are more for heavier vehicles. I wonder if the regular Cooper ST, perform just as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater