Titans?

Fishy,

Does anyone have any fuel mileage numbers using the Uprev unit? I need to buy something soon or else i'll have to put money into my dd Xterra which is going to be a parts truck anyways!!! lol

fishy_frontier

Adventurer
Fishy,

Does anyone have any fuel mileage numbers using the Uprev unit? I need to buy something soon or else i'll have to put money into my dd Xterra which is going to be a parts truck anyways!!! lol

Yessir! You can expect 20+ mpg on the highway with the Uprev economy tune. I'm sure it's a bit less driving around town, like 15-17 mpg. And of course the way you drive it will be a factor too (stay off the gas:ylsmoke:).

Read this thread on club titan for a little more info: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46694

adventurebound

As an owner of a Titan and someone that uses theirs in the harsh environments of the Mojave Desert I thought I would chime in and share some of my thoughts about the Titan as an overland vehicle. First off I have compiled a list of positive and negative attributes to the Titan.

The Positives

Low initial ownership cost (paid $19k for a brand new 2008 base model 4x4, yea I have manual roll up windows but it’s a truck right? BTW the going rate on a Titan is about $10k off the sticker price.)

Loads of power (V8 with 317HP and 385lb torque)

Reliable/build quality (I have owned mine for two+ years and 30k+ miles without a single issue)

Fuel mileage (I average 16-18 MPG, sometimes better)

Can tow large loads, almost 10,000lbs. (I tow my 26 ft. wing keel sailboat about 4 times a year)

Loads of passenger space (I’m 6’5” and as much as I liked my Land Rover it was just way to cramped)

Pretty good owner forum at titantalk.com. Unfortunately, most of the topics are about how you can add those “cool blue aftermarket head lights”.

Crisp throttle response and firm handling make it a fun vehicle to drive.

Comfortable on road and off road.

Competent off road. I have added a mild 1 ½ inch lift and have tackled terrain I would have turned around in my land Rover

Comes standard with the metric equivalent of just shy of 33” tires

The not so positives

Lack of aftermarket support. For example, there is not a single company that makes skid/bash plates for the Titan.

No manual transmission option

Independent front suspension

No Diesel option

Older models with the factory rear locker has had problems. (My brother has gone through two rear ends within 60k miles in his 05.)

I’m sure there is plenty more to add to this list but these are the ones that come to mind. For me, I enjoy long distance exploration and the Titan has been a reliable vehicle that will tackle 99 % of the roads I have or plan on exploring. Anyone else with a Titan on this forum that wants to share their stories or experiences?

E4x4Eric

Here is a short vid of a very capable Titan I took a while back. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooMV-n2jQTU"]YouTube - BVORR Nissan Titan[/ame] :smiley_drive: I'll post some more later.

E4x4Eric

Titans are very capable rig if set up right. Here is anothe video with some flex up on a narow ridge.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_LW6hstlQ&NR=1"]YouTube - BVORR[/ame]

targa88

Explorer
I asked this in Fireside Chat as well, but why so few Titans? I know they are a little big for most people's expedition style vehicles, but I have a family, and a dog...

You might want to check in with Geovalue (member here) they are currently running a Nissan Titan all the way down through South America. Might give you some further insight.

geovalue

Adventurer
We have just added to the Expedition Portal information on our Nissan Titan

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/4x4.html

We are currently in Guatemala and have traveled over 22,000 miles since we left on this expedition. We have traveled some tough roads and the Nissan is doing great, we love it. Great to drive both on and off road and easy to drive through narrow streets in villages. We are very happy with our vehicle choice

S

Squatchout

We have just added to the Expedition Portal information on our Nissan Titan

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehicules/4x4.html

We are currently in Guatemala and have traveled over 22,000 miles since we left on this expedition. We have traveled some tough roads and the Nissan is doing great, we love it. Great to drive both on and off road and easy to drive through narrow streets in villages. We are very happy with our vehicle choice

I saw the above link and it made me kinda homesick. I love your rig. I had a late '04 Titan XE 4x4 off road package that I had hoped to build in a similar manner just not quite as much as you. The plan had been a 4Wheel camper and to use it for towing my bass boat on long trips among other things. Unfortunately I had a brake issue(unique to MY truck) that 2 different dealer couldn't repair and after it sat at one dealer for 4 months waiting on factory help I made them buy it back. If not for that I loved the truck. Great power and best handling of many pick ups I've owned. I do miss it for sure. To their credit Nissan was pretty responsive to the little problems that cropped up along the way until the BIG one. The styling is different for sure but it grows on you. I think mine was one of the coolest looking vehicles I have ever owned. Also a very comfortable driving position for me.

Here is the only pic I have handy.
P9230022Small.jpg

Last edited:

Mack4

Adventurer
Here's some pictures of our Titan Rig.

Lots of room in the bed for Storage and a Air Mattress for sleeping. We even hooked up a ClimateRite A/C unit for camping in the Summer Months down here in Texas.

Great 4x4 system with the Locker, little wide for some trails, but that just makes it more exciting!

I purchased a used Winch Bumper built by the infamous Tactical Armour Group, and it's worked out really well!

420939_10152115793425392_1968944850_n.jpg

Attachments

• 246546_10152115778935392_1680264886_n.jpg
    246546_10152115778935392_1680264886_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 185836_10102317522308594_1891260289_n.jpg
    185836_10102317522308594_1891260289_n.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member