Tlc supercharger.

elbendido

Hey all. I am a long time jeep driver and technician, but lately am considering selling my tj and buying an 80 series cruiser. I just have one question, can you still get a supercharger for one? I am looking at a 100k mile 1994. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Ben
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey Ben, I don't know if they still sell the S/C, but you won't need one in VT. I will never understand the complaints about lack of power in 1FZ 80 series. Mine hauls ***!
With 35s it was a bit slow off the line, but no problems otherwise. I have towed 7000 lbs up some looong hills with relative ease.

Enjoy your 80, they rule!

elbendido

Thanks red. I know I won't really NEED it, but I put one on my tacoma years ago and loved it. My wrangler with 33's is a bit sluggish, still running 3.73's. I love it, but with the wife and two kids, our stuff doesn't fit anymore. the room in the 80 appeals to me. With the weight of the 80, the supercharger is just a nice option. If I can find one.

Last edited:

dcoy

Adventurer
There is a supercharger for the '95-'97 Landcruiser (the FZJ80) listed in the 2011 Toyota Racing Development Catalog. So I guess I would say, yes, they should still be available.

elbendido

That one won't work on a 94 will it? I assume no, but I'm a jeep guy, so don't know all the little changes through the years with the 80. Thanks.

Last edited:

dcoy

Adventurer
Hmmm. Good point. I guess I always clustered all of the FZJ80s together. I'll have to educate myself about the difference between the '94s and the '95-'97s.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I believe you can "make it work" on a pre-95, but if you don't have the cruiser yet it would be easier to get a '95-97. I believe the issue has to do with the addition of OBD-II. If you go to ih8mud.com, you can find a TON of info on this subject.

elbendido

Well, just sold my tj, so now my hunt begins for a 95-97 land cruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven