took a few pics on our trip...

sweet trav

Adventurer
What size tires are those? Same as listed in your sig?

yep, at some point I'm gonna go to 33" (either 255/85/16 or 33/10.5/16 or maybe even some 34/10.5/16 swampers but I'm gonna be doing the gearing and locker hopefully before I need tires).

slus

Adventurer
Very nice truck. How does the 2.7/5speed do with the 265s and 4.10s? Did it come stock with 4.10s or did you swap those in? I had a 97 tacoma with 3.58s and it was an absolute dog with 265/75/16s. I ended up swapping tires, selling the truck, and starting over with a V6/4.10 truck.

sweet trav

Adventurer
Very nice truck. How does the 2.7/5speed do with the 265s and 4.10s? Did it come stock with 4.10s or did you swap those in? I had a 97 tacoma with 3.58s and it was an absolute dog with 265/75/16s. I ended up swapping tires, selling the truck, and starting over with a V6/4.10 truck.

Thanks! It's a bit sluggish when loaded down and going up steap hills but that's to be expected...until it's regeared. It came stock with 4.10s. I'm just trying to decide what route to take with the locker (aussie, elocker mod, or arb).

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Gas can roof basket mounting for 4 can's

What kind of mounts are you using on your roof basket for your 4 gas cans? Are those regular "Blitz" steel can's, CARB compliant (the ones that are supposed to leak no matter what ) (mine do not leak) do you have any trouble when they are mounted on end like you have? I would like to use your method for having 20 gal. of fuel in reserve and your way of doing it. Thanks, stay safe mjmcdowell

sweet trav

Adventurer
What kind of mounts are you using on your roof basket for your 4 gas cans? Are those regular "Blitz" steel can's, CARB compliant (the ones that are supposed to leak no matter what ) (mine do not leak) do you have any trouble when they are mounted on end like you have? I would like to use your method for having 20 gal. of fuel in reserve and your way of doing it. Thanks, stay safe mjmcdowell

the whole system is from bajarack, it's the full length roof rack for the 3rd gen 4runner with the gas can holders (they are made for carbed cans but mine aren't carb, just regular pre carb jerry cans), tire holder, axe/shovel holder, high lift jack holder, light bar, and ladder.

it all worked great with no issues and no leaks. bajarack made a good setup with plenty of accesories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77