Topo Toppers

Vst

Hey everyone I just recently picked up a new to me but kinda used Mesa for my Gladiator. I say kinda used because the original owner purchased the camper but while waiting for it to be delivered decided he wanted a pull behind style instead he was an older gentlemen. He received his camper in April shipped to him and left in the crate for 2 months. He finally put it on his truck a month ago and decided it defiantly wasn't for him he couldn't climb up and down well. He didn't even sleep in it once and his truck was parked in the garage the whole time it was mounted. The camper looks and smells brand new. I wasn't necessarily in the market for another camper as I just sold my GFC a few months back. I wasn't happy with the quality and bed setup on the GFC. When this one came across on market place I had to take a look. I new of Topo but never seen one in person. The quality seems really good and I like the bed setup of this camper. The best part is I was able to get the camper for $6500 so I got to save on wait time shipping cost and taxes and got a discount on the camper basically. It has the side windows and front and rear with the front being a slider and drop down which I really like. Future mods will be lighting, solar, and probably a new mattress. Im super psyched to get the camper and use it.

Attachments

• P1011328.jpg
    P1011328.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
  • P1011342-2.jpg
    P1011342-2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • P1011357.jpg
    P1011357.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
  • P1011340.jpg
    P1011340.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18

shmabs

Explorer
Hey everyone I just recently picked up a new to me but kinda used Mesa for my Gladiator. I say kinda used because the original owner purchased the camper but while waiting for it to be delivered decided he wanted a pull behind style instead he was an older gentlemen. He received his camper in April shipped to him and left in the crate for 2 months. He finally put it on his truck a month ago and decided it defiantly wasn't for him he couldn't climb up and down well. He didn't even sleep in it once and his truck was parked in the garage the whole time it was mounted. The camper looks and smells brand new. I wasn't necessarily in the market for another camper as I just sold my GFC a few months back. I wasn't happy with the quality and bed setup on the GFC. When this one came across on market place I had to take a look. I new of Topo but never seen one in person. The quality seems really good and I like the bed setup of this camper. The best part is I was able to get the camper for $6500 so I got to save on wait time shipping cost and taxes and got a discount on the camper basically. It has the side windows and front and rear with the front being a slider and drop down which I really like. Future mods will be lighting, solar, and probably a new mattress. Im super psyched to get the camper and use it.
Nice looking setup. I'm scheduled to pick up my mesa later this month, as a former badlander owner. I'm just curious, what exactly didn't you like about your GFC's bed set up?

Vst

Nice looking setup. I'm scheduled to pick up my mesa later this month, as a former badlander owner. I'm just curious, what exactly didn't you like about your GFC's bed set up?
I didnt like that there was no access to the bottom level basically when your in the bed. And the mattress wasn’t any good and it’s part of the bed panels so you can’t really upgrade it unless you buy there’s for like $700.

shmabs

Explorer
Brought home my Mesa this weekend. Initial impressions are great; build quality seems to have improved over my very early badlander, set up and take down time is QUICK, and the bedding stores easily up top. I enjoy the large windows, though I do wish that there was a clear layer to allow the sunlight without venting, but I may come up with my own solution for that at some point.

Happy to have a camper back on the truck!

RVRoams

Brought home my Mesa this weekend. Initial impressions are great; build quality seems to have improved over my very early badlander, set up and take down time is QUICK, and the bedding stores easily up top. I enjoy the large windows, though I do wish that there was a clear layer to allow the sunlight without venting, but I may come up with my own solution for that at some point.

Happy to have a camper back on the truck!

Curious why you went to a Mesa having owned the early Badlander prior? Outside of the price difference I struggle to see why a wedge would be more ideal than the full pop top.

Asking as I am pretty set on going with their gen 2 Badlander.

shmabs

Explorer
Curious why you went to a Mesa having owned the early Badlander prior? Outside of the price difference I struggle to see why a wedge would be more ideal than the full pop top.

Asking as I am pretty set on going with their gen 2 Badlander.
I owned a wedge camper before (vagabond) and I like the speed and simplicity of popping it up and then stowing it as well.

We're splitting hairs, but for my smaller self (5,7", 120 lbs) the wedge takes less time and effort. Often times, it's just me and one other person, or I'm solo so the extra space of a full pop wasn't "needed". The wedge is a bit lighter, has less moving parts, sheds snow easier, and has more windows (though the gen 2 badlander solved the window issue!).

To be clear, they're both great options, and seeing the gen 2 badlander in person had me wondering "what if....." and I know there will be times when I miss the space of the badlander.

Really, it's just personal preference, I think you'll be happy with the badlander.

What kind of vehicle are you putting it on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother