Total Composites Slide In Camper Kits

shuttshow

We have a TC 8' Wolf Slide-in shell on order. We'll be picking it up July. The builder asked what type of tie-down we plan to use. I don't really know. I've never owned a truck camper before. In videos and pictures of TCs, it looks like people have some sort of ratcheting tie down. I'd like to go with that. But what is it? What ratcheting mechanism do I buy? What do I need to tell my builder to use for an anchor on the TC unit?
For reference, we have a a 2023 F350 with 8' bed.

Also, I tried to join the TC DIY group on Facebook, but my request to join keeps getting denied. Does anyone know who the moderator of that group is? I'd love to join!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
We have a TC 8' Wolf Slide-in shell on order. We'll be picking it up July. The builder asked what type of tie-down we plan to use. I don't really know. I've never owned a truck camper before. In videos and pictures of TCs, it looks like people have some sort of ratcheting tie down. I'd like to go with that. But what is it? What ratcheting mechanism do I buy? What do I need to tell my builder to use for an anchor on the TC unit?
For reference, we have a a 2023 F350 with 8' bed.

Also, I tried to join the TC DIY group on Facebook, but my request to join keeps getting denied. Does anyone know who the moderator of that group is? I'd love to join!
Hey there. I’m sure you will love the camper! Who is your builder? The campers have been designed with several tie down solutions in mind: You can use “transom tiedowns” or Fast guns. Your builder can help you with that. If not, give us a ring and we can explain further.

As for the DIY FB group:
We indeed had to start implementing a “vetting system” …. The amount of spam, fake accounts and more or less aggressive competitors that have been trying to get access to our group got really bad over time. It is indeed likely that your request was denied if (for example) you didn’t agree to the group rules or your FB account is just a couple months old. Please try again! If you still can’t get access, please reach out through a PM.

shuttshow

Hey there. I’m sure you will love the camper! Who is your builder? The campers have been designed with several tie down solutions in mind: You can use “transom tiedowns” or Fast guns. Your builder can help you with that. If not, give us a ring and we can explain further.

As for the DIY FB group:
We indeed had to start implementing a “vetting system” …. The amount of spam, fake accounts and more or less aggressive competitors that have been trying to get access to our group got really bad over time. It is indeed likely that your request was denied if (for example) you didn’t agree to the group rules or your FB account is just a couple months old. Please try again! If you still can’t get access, please reach out through a PM.
The "transom tiedowns" are what I originally had in mind. Fast Guns looks to be a great product, though it is pretty expensive. It looks the like transom tiedowns can be directly to the camper. Is there a particular set of brackets we should ask our builder to use?

Our builder is San Juan Vans. They suggested reaching out on this forum and also on Facebook.

Speaking of Facebook. You probably rejected my request because my account is a couple of months old. I had to get a new account because my previous account was hacked. It was not recoverable. In fact, I was at university when Facebook was created and had a very early account!

Victorian

The "transom tiedowns" are what I originally had in mind. Fast Guns looks to be a great product, though it is pretty expensive. It looks the like transom tiedowns can be directly to the camper. Is there a particular set of brackets we should ask our builder to use?

Our builder is San Juan Vans. They suggested reaching out on this forum and also on Facebook.

Speaking of Facebook. You probably rejected my request because my account is a couple of months old. I had to get a new account because my previous account was hacked. It was not recoverable. In fact, I was at university when Facebook was created and had a very early account!
Here is a video explaining what we envisioned when we designed those campers. watch Our builders have the liberty to implement their own tiedown solutions. The one shown in the video is the most thermal efficient solution but not the most practical if you need to take the camper off on a regular basis. Most of the TC campers I have seen have the "transom" straps ref=sr_1_12 (not exact model) mounted to the front camper jack mounts and the same type of straps mounted within the rear wheel well area with our included mounting hardware.

shuttshow

Here is a video explaining what we envisioned when we designed those campers. watch Our builders have the liberty to implement their own tiedown solutions. The one shown in the video is the most thermal efficient solution but not the most practical if you need to take the camper off on a regular basis. Most of the TC campers I have seen have the "transom" straps ref=sr_1_12 (not exact model) mounted to the front camper jack mounts and the same type of straps mounted within the rear wheel well area with our included mounting hardware.
That's exactly what I was looking for. Does that black bracket that's attached to the straps come with the shell? Or is that something that I need to order from Expedition Upfitters separately?

Victorian

Hey! Best if you chat with the guys at San Juan directly about the components. They will be more than happy to guide you through the options.
Cheers

shuttshow

Hey! Best if you chat with the guys at San Juan directly about the components. They will be more than happy to guide you through the options.
Cheers
Can do! They had previously asked me to contact you to ask you about the options, but I can go back to them. They're extremely friendly and very helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78