Toyota Land Cruiser BJ60 (Diesel)

Kevin4WDLC

Selling my beloved Land Cruiser in the August/September time frame and want to put out this ad early to get in touch with seriously interested buyers.

BACK STORY:
I bought this truck to fix it up and drive it down all the way to Patagonia. Plans have changed and now I am moving to Kenya where I can't register this LHD vehicle. As a matter of fact I am already in Kenya for a few months at time at this point but I coming back to SF next between August 3rd-14th and can show the truck to interested buyers.

I bought this truck in Oregon 2014 for 20,000 USD and put in roughly another 20,000 USD over the last 3 years. I will provide all the details to interested buyers. Some highlights are listed below.

This Cruiser is originally a gas vehicle (FJ60) from California. A guy in Oregon bought it and also bought a BJ60 in Canada and swapped it's 3B diesel engine and 5-speed transmission into the FJ60. He also added a CT-26 Toyota turbo to the truck for extra power. The truck has a 5 inch body lift, 33 BFG tires and custom bumper and bull bar + badlands winch + fog lights.

Here are the highlights of what I fixed / had fixed / added to the truck:
- air to air intercooler + new air cleaner and housing for extra power
- new aluminum radiator
- RVTek snorkel
- fuel lines upgraded to synthetic rubber to allow running biodiesel
- TMJ disc brakes in the rear to replace drum brakes + new master cylinder
- TMJ transfer case parking brake
- new heavy duty Terrain Tamer clutch
- transfer case recently rebuilt
- rebuilt front axle (right side)
- new muffler
- fixed crack in exhaust manifold
- Gamiviti roof rack
- Tepui rooftop tent Kukenam Sky
- ARB double jerry can holder
- ARB protection steps
- serviced turbo + all fuel injectors recently
- new power steering pump reservoir
- new starter
- new bluetooth radio
- Raingler cargo net
- Hilift jack
- Air compressor
- shovel
- tow rope
and a lot more that I will detail out later.

Other important details:
- clean title
- registered to California with smog exemption (diesel trucks older than 1998 are smog exempt in California)

ASKING PRICE: 32,000 USD

INSTRUCTIONS:
Please email me if you're interested in this truck and since diesels are extremely rare (in particular LHD!) let me know in at least one sentence why you are interested in it. I will NOT respond to emails like "Still got the truck?".

In the next few weeks/months I will talk to all seriously interested buyers, talk about some of the things that still need work on the truck and figure out a fair price. I am not interested in trades. I am also not selling any parts or accessories. Hope this helps. Thanks guys!

IMG_7434.jpgIMG_4487.jpgIMG_4500.jpg

MichaelH

Observer
Don't you love the sellers that come on here with a big story, making demands and promising follow-up and then...nothing. From the 3 photos showing the same side of the truck, seems like a cool rig.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Don't you love the sellers that come on here with a big story, making demands and promising follow-up and then...nothing. From the 3 photos showing the same side of the truck, seems like a cool rig.

When you search the pics it comes back to a car site top classic cars and it was listed there with more pics for 40k. Being it's a one post and done thing it could have just been a scam of some type although I'll give to the poster one thing. His english was far better than the usual scam posts. I hope while he's in kenya he runs into my rich uncle Mogobay and says 'click click pop click pop' for me. I'm STILL waiting on those certified funds he promised me to clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal