TPMS calibration solved

bigwatch

Not sure if this is still an issue for some of you but until now I have not been able to find a solution to lower the OE tire pressure threshold on my 2014 E350.

I was running E load tires with a max psi of 50. For a year I had to see the stupid yellow light on the dash. For the SEMA show this year I put on a new set of FALKEN Wild Peak E load AT tires with a max cold pressure of 65 psi. Since the differential is less than 25% of the OE tires of 80 psi the light is now off. However, I want the same 25% differential with a baseline of 65psi.

That said, I contacted a company who specializes in TPMS calibration called Bartec and was fortunate enough to talk to Micheal Rose. Even though they did not have an official calibration for late model Econolines, he thought he might be able to do something. We met up at SEMA yesterday morning and with the help of his handheld device he was able to reprogram my TPMS in about 3 minutes.
2ccb7fb8a78ae9692ae7e90fcab0d731.jpg
2e7ebd6825dd937eb8833186f8dd28a9.jpg
c03c2d46d8a024bacbe818ed946731fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgmetalworks

Explorer
That's cool! I knew this would be easy to do with the right programming device. To do it with the Ford IDS software requires resetting the module and entering as-built data manually...which isn't the easiest process with that software. Good to see a solution that's much simpler.

How much is that handheld programmer?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Whoa... that's some coin but it beats dealing with constant CEL and stuff.

I'm glad my dinosaur doesn't have tpms and nanny stuff.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I stopped by discount tire today since I remembered seeing a bartec tool last time I was there. They had a bartec 400 pro.
I asked the guy if he could change and it, he put in the vehicle info, got into the tool kit to change the psi criteria, plugged into the obd port and it said "vehicle not supported". :(

I suppose I'll try to call bartec to see if they can give me any help.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I stopped by discount tire today since I remembered seeing a bartec tool last time I was there. They had a bartec 400 pro.
I asked the guy if he could change and it, he put in the vehicle info, got into the tool kit to change the psi criteria, plugged into the obd port and it said "vehicle not supported". :(

I suppose I'll try to call bartec to see if they can give me any help.

we can always try the hard way... if I remember my laptop charging cable that is. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy