trailer hitch cargo basket pics??

Albin

Adventurer
i've been looking at these as well. i think i may just go with a full length roof rack.

do these flop around or is there a way to tighten them down at all?

To keep my drawbars etc. from making noise and to get rid of any slop, I replace the hitch pins with a 4 1/2" Grade 8 bolt with locking nut and torque it down to 100-125 lbs. With normal clearances, it should tighten enough to take the slack out and with it, the noise.

Good luck.

Al

4x4mike

Adventurer
do these flop around or is there a way to tighten them down at all?

This is what I did for my 4Runner. The reciever has a little slop in it and made the basket droop. I also got a lot of rattling when pulling my trailer.

DSC06671.jpg

DSC06672.jpg

DSC06674.jpg

Just drilled and tapped 2 holes. The bolts are grade 8 but that's just because that's what I had that worked. All I need to do is tighten them just a little more than hand tight and everything is quiet and solid.

JPK

Explorer
This is what I did for my 4Runner. The reciever has a little slop in it and made the basket droop. I also got a lot of rattling when pulling my trailer.

DSC06671.jpg

DSC06672.jpg

DSC06674.jpg

Just drilled and tapped 2 holes. The bolts are grade 8 but that's just because that's what I had that worked. All I need to do is tighten them just a little more than hand tight and everything is quiet and solid.

I like this one! I am going to have to give it a try:26_7_2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven