Treeline Outdoors RTT On My Volvo 240DL

volvbrobuild

Alright guys,

A few weeks ago I got my hands on a Treeline Outdoors tent, so I thought I’d post a review on here. I’ve been working on a build for my Volvo for some time now, upgrading suspension myself, and a pair of crossbars on craigslist, then splurged on a tent.

I got the Tamarack Constellation Spruce with the Orange rainfly, since I’ve been in the market for an affordable 4 season tent for a while now. The tent was fairly easy to assemble, and the track system was already attached when it shipped – just had to tighten the bolts a bit more. I needed to drill holes in the ladder because my car isn’t as lifted as some others.

I headed out to the coast afterwards to test this baby out. Set up is normal to most other soft shells out there, and I was able to put in the spring poles while being inside the tent. The front awning system was pretty confusing to set up to be honest, but the dudes at Treeline facetimed me and walked me through the purpose and setup.

The tent stayed warm at night with almost no condensation buildup, which was rad! There’re two skylights built in to the rainfly, so I checked out the stars at night, and caught the sunrise in the morning without getting out of my tent. Overall, pretty happy with my choice! I didn’t want to buy the tent at full price, but they had a holiday sale going so I snagged my tent for 15% off. Not sure if it's still going on.

https://treelineoutdoors.com/collections/2-3-person-4-season/products/tamarack-constellation-spruce

Also I’m not a photographer, but my brother is, so here’s some sick photos he got.

https://www.bhaleyimage.com/car-culture/

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
  • Picture2.png
    Picture2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • Picture3.png
    Picture3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • Picture4.png
    Picture4.png
    914 KB · Views: 59

volvbrobuild

How does that little 4 cylinder handle all that wind resistance from the tent?
Good question, man. Honestly, it's an older Volvo so I was never expecting to be a speed racer, but its not too bad. I can feel it on some of the hills, but worth having a killer mattress and not sleeping in my car. My MPG hasn't really changed either. Still a lower profile than a truck.

4lowgo

The treeline tamarack is great! Cool to see it on a volvo like that. I think the weight rating may have been a bit off, after lifting the tent on and off it seems heavier than the 150 lbs they say but I have no easy way to weigh it. What do you think it weighs? What was the annex room like, baggy I can presume? Looks sweet up there on your car!
98f287fac769a8606b9cc5813392ccd0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

volvbrobuild

The treeline tamarack is great! Cool to see it on a volvo like that. I think the weight rating may have been a bit off, after lifting the tent on and off it seems heavier than the 150 lbs they say but I have no easy way to weigh it. What do you think it weighs? What was the annex room like, baggy I can presume? Looks sweet up there on your car!
98f287fac769a8606b9cc5813392ccd0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I didn't have the chance to weigh it either, but it felt around 150 to me. Maybe a few pounds heavier. My annex room definitely is baggy because of how low my car is. There are synch straps to adjust the height by about 1 ft, but I need another foot or 2 to really keep it snug.

dcg141

Adventurer
There is not a lot of info about the Treeline RTT's but they look like a great tent with some newer design features.

volvbrobuild

There is not a lot of info about the Treeline RTT's but they look like a great tent with some newer design features.
Definitely some killer quality. If you have any questions on specs, LMK. I've used this tent almost every day since I got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach