TrekboxX Drawer System for 5th Gen 4Runner - finally!!!

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Hi folks! After many requests, we're full speed ahead on the development of a system for the 5th gen. The first system will be our flagship System Alpha, with a slight twist. Due to the trim configuration in the cargo area, we are moving the system up slightly to gain some much welcome width, which will allow a small amount of space underneath. We are developing a pair of camp tables that will nest in that space. Right now we're thinking stainless, but that may change as the design/prototyping progresses. Additionally, there will be a single or double extra drawer module option, known as our Zulu drawers.

We are fairly new to the 4runner, and therefore would appreciate any input such as difference between model years, configurations, etc. Right now we have a 2016 with a cargo slide and a 2016 with 3rd row to examine. As of this moment (subject to change), the 3rd row models will have to be re-configured to accept the system. This may involve removal of the 3rd row and trim panels and replacement with non-3rd row trim panels, similar with what needs to be done to JKU's with the subwoofer in the cargo area.

I will be updating this thread with any pertinent info as well as possibly starting a pre-order. These are hand built one at a time, so it will be first-come first-serve. More info to come...

Let's please keep this thread clean and on topic with questions and comments regarding this project, not a debate on whether you like drawer systems, etc. It's much easier for those searching for information to not have to wade through too much to find the answers they seek. Thank you!

David

T4R5SA preview.jpg

TrekboxX

David,

When will specs be available, weight, install requirements, allowable fridge size?

Thanks,

Chuck

Weight will be a while yet (guess is 150-175 for base system), but I am about done with the CAD design. The interior fridge space is about 30.5" long x 19.5" wide x 18.5-21.5" tall (adjustable). The install will be straightforward- remove cargo slide, carpet, etc, install sound deadener if you want, bolt the substructure in (4 bolts), bolt system on top (4 bolts), then bolt on cages and snap wings in place. Probably 2 hours if you're drinking a beer!

RiDE

Observer
Hi David,

Will the price range be similar to the 100 series setup of $4700 for the complete system?

TrekboxX

Yes. The system is slightly smaller, but requires a substructure that the LC systems do not. I think they will actually cost more to make, but I will not price them above the LC systems unless they include the 2 custom camp tables that will nest on the bottom.

TrekboxX

Working on the substructure and initial mock up for wing patterning.
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_8345.JPG
IMG_8344-2.jpg

Last edited:

TrekboxX

I know it looks pretty much the same, but a LOT more work is done now, including final wing shape and extra drawer module.
T4R5SA Zulu 1.jpg
T4R5SA Zulu 1 open.jpg

TrekboxX

For those who need the 3rd row occasionally but really wanted a cargo slide, we're simultaneously working on a cargo slide that will easily mount on the folded 3rd row. Easy in/out. Stay tuned.
IMG_8477.jpg

funshot

we just got back from camping. Wife, me and two kids. We had bins and the fridge tied down in the back, everything fit, just not as neat and orderly as we like. The wife looks at me at says, "when will those kitchen/storage systems be for sale?" :Wow1: I love her!

That being said, how big of a slide out/fridge system will this accommodate? We have a 80quart Dometic that is about 22.1 x 70.2 x 33.1 inches.

TrekboxX

we just got back from camping. Wife, me and two kids. We had bins and the fridge tied down in the back, everything fit, just not as neat and orderly as we like. The wife looks at me at says, "when will those kitchen/storage systems be for sale?" :Wow1: I love her!

That being said, how big of a slide out/fridge system will this accommodate? We have a 80quart Dometic that is about 22.1 x 70.2 x 33.1 inches.

Unfortunately, that fridge will not fit. The interior fridge space is about 19.5" wide x 30.5" deep x 21.5" high. The fridge slide is integrated, so that space is for fridge only.

funshot

Unfortunately, that fridge will not fit. The interior fridge space is about 19.5" wide x 30.5" deep x 21.5" high. The fridge slide is integrated, so that space is for fridge only.

Thank you! I've always thought the kids ate too much anyways.

TrekboxX

Hey guys, we're starting a limited quantity (12) pre-order for the first production run on these systems. There will be a 10% discount for the first dozen customers. More info on the website or pm me with any questions!

rixham

Awesome! I will defiantly keep this in mind when I start to upgrade my 5th gen.

Any chance there will be one for the 3rd Gen 4runners?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete

Members online