tri pod jack stands

indycheez

I'm back again for some input on another issue that I have run into. I have a pop up TC with 3 tripod jack stands. The clearance between the jacks and my tires is so that I hit the tripod feet loading and unloading. I'm afraid of hitting them and knocking over the camper. Instead of the tripod, could I use a flat jack foot which would give me an extra 6 inches or so of clearance between tire and jack? Would the flat pad give enough support for the jack? This way I could use cinder blocks or something under them to lift the TC higher due to the height of my truck. Thanks B.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not sure about the foot but don’t use cinder blocks. They break in those conditions. I use 8x8’s tied together with a piece of plywood

85_Ranger4x4

On facebook I saw a post where someone asked a similar question and somebody else posted up they made extensions. They basically took two plates (per jacking point) and welded a fair sized pipe at an angle between them. This kicked the jacking point on the camper up like roughly 8" (just eyeballing it) and pushed the jack out about the same. I like it.

Currently I just use two pieces of 2x6 bolted together and let the air out of the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater