trooper trail shots

Bennyhana

Adventurer
That is sweet! How did you lift it? I had a couple of older Troopers but at the time there really wasn't any aftermarket for it. Looks great with that stance.

I used some 1.5" lift shackles from Independent4x.com adjusted the torsion bars a little. I also had to put in a 2" body lift to make installing the trail-gear rock sliders alot easier. I'm running 31's right now but I have enough room for 33's just maybe not the power for em though...

Van_Homan

Adventurer
Two for one shot

Wheeling051209013.jpg

jl8088

Adventurer
nice 1st gen trooper gasmask. Looks like that thing was built for adventure. Those pics weren't from Nevada were they?

Incusus

Adventurer
bump for great justice:victory:

looks like I need to hit the trails and get some pics! We need to keep the Troopers on the front page!

By the way, If your the person who abandoned an '87 or so trooper on I75 in dayton this weekend... you have a note on your windshield! Call me!!:)

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Two for one shot

Wheeling051209013.jpg
THose look just like our 92 5spd 2.8 V-6 (worst motor ever made thank you very much General motors) that thing had TONS of interior space and frankly it did GREAT off-road. The WHeel-wells had more then enough room for 33's with little to no lift. The guy we sold it on to use's it as his primary duck-hunting rig. He's got some 35x12.50 BFG MTs (old style) and the thing is still chugging along. pparently it does real well ou in the wet marshy grasslands... Course he swapped out the Gasser fro an old Trooper II 4cyl Diesel and hasn't looke dback. I'll see if I can get some pics of that truck, I really liked it. The up-right, feet going down to the pedals...driving position was great and like I said it had tons of interior room. Ours had the sort of "poverty pack" interior that I loved in the 70 series cruisers I drove. Vinyl flooring, cloth seats, manual windows , no sun roof, and the neat split ambulance rear-doors.

I love those old Troopers.

Cheers

Dave

double moo

Adventurer
What size oztent do yo have and how well does it fit in your rack. That looks like an arb rack? Is that one made for the trooper or did you modify it.

The tent is an RV-5. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in the rack... even diagonal (about 2" too long). I just put it in and let it overhang off the back..

moab140Large.jpg

The rack is an ARB in the 71" long version. I would have bought an 84" but I got this one for less than half price. The rack mount to the Trooper is a custom build that I did myself. Follow the write up here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26393

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
The tent is an RV-5. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in the rack... even diagonal (about 2" too long). I just put it in and let it overhang off the back..

moab140Large.jpg

The rack is an ARB in the 71" long version. I would have bought an 84" but I got this one for less than half price. The rack mount to the Trooper is a custom build that I did myself. Follow the write up here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26393

I thiought that would be the case. It loks like the longer arb rack would accomodate the oztent no problem though.

philndz

Adventurer
More from the Palmer, MO area. Scenery is tame but if you were thirsty for a fresh photo of a trooper then hopefully these are somewhat satisfying. Lets see some more from everybody else!
trooper%20013.JPG

trooper%20016.JPG

trooper%20035.JPG

trooper%20064.JPG

trooper%20024.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach