(Truck sold, topper available!) Snap Outfitters Treehouse - (Northern Virginia)

Offered for sale is my beloved 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman--with the all-important and comparatively rare Power Wagon package which includes front and rear lockers, detachable front anti-sway bar, a Warn winch, and other goodies--which has been mated to a Snap! Outfitters Treehouse. I searched high and low for this truck package, which has all of the capabilities of a "regular" PW but without all of the interior bells and whistles that can jack up the price. I was fortunate to find a gently used one in October 2021 with only 7,800 miles; since then I've put an additional 35k, absolutely trouble-free miles on the truck (it currently has approximately 43,200-ish miles, and is driven daily). You can see the truck's original Monroney window sticker here; essentially, the truck is a very nicely optioned Tradesman (Apple CarPlay, larger entertainment device, extra in-cab power outlets, clearance lamps, factory side steps, bed liner and rear power/lighting).

3F5AAA16-83F4-4F3A-9FF2-BA3A0F4ABF83.jpg
F4980EA9-E1F6-44FA-B721-8292409F2C7A.jpg
IMG_0554.JPEG
IMG_0548.JPEG

Modifications: I deliberately avoided messing around too much with the stock PW setup that works well. Five 315-70R17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A tires (pretty much the largest-sized spare you can fit under the truck without contacting the rear track bar) with about 30k miles on them, an AEV ProCal Snap to adjust the speedometer and eliminate the low-pressure warning, CJC Offroad "brush" (not a skid) plate, CJC Offroad's Baja Squadron (street-legal) LED white fog light conversion, Carli front differential guard, and a Rubigrid XL phone holder (with second arm to mount my Garmin) from BulletPoint Designs. At roughly 36k miles, I upgraded the truck's front brakes with PowerStop's Z23 slotted rotors and pad kit, which made a notable difference in the truck's stopping rate. Lastly, I added a RockBlock sealing strip between the bed and tailgate as part of an eventual plan to install a BedRug, but those plans are obviously shelved. I also have the factory front air dam and bolts for the front differential cover in case someone would like to return it to stock.

IMG_0095.JPEG
IMG_0087.JPEG

I also wanted a self-contained sleeping setup that would allow me to bring my wife and kids along (and keep the missus off the ground!), and ended up going with a custom, all-aluminum topper from Snap Outfitters. I valued the fact that the company is American-owned, not far from me and built the topper to EXACTLY match the dimensions of my truck (the Ram beds taper toward the rear, for example). However, it wasn't cheap: at the end of the day, the topper totaled $13,610. I optioned it with brackets to mount an OVS 270 degree awning (which I paid for separately), side-opening gullwing doors, a front slider for access--and ventilation--to the cab, a 1" higher roof height to allow for more bedding and pillows above the twin-sized sleeping area, and to pre-run it for roof-mounted solar. Weighing in at approximately 500 pounds, it is the perfect camper for a reduced-payload Power Wagon--well-within my truck's payload limits, which you can find here along with its authorized max tow capacity--and has been entirely trouble free during the weeks-worth of camping trips since I picked up the topper in September 2022.

Maintenance: Oil changes every 5k-ish miles with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (the pricey, SRT-specific stuff), Mopar or Napa Platinum filters, high-end air filters. I did a Blackstone oil analysis about 10k miles ago, and the truck passed with FLYING COLORS. The only time the truck has seen the dealership is when one of the TPMS modules went out at about 12k miles and for a rear tail gate recall. ZERO problems with the truck.

Performance and fuel economy: with the topper, the truck averages approximately 12-12.5 in-town and 14-14.5 on the freeway, if one doesn't lead-foot it or live too much above 70-75 mph.

Any other issues: a few cosmetic scrapes, a gouge in the passenger rear wheel molding, and a single pinstripe that probably would come out with some buffing.

IMG_1092.JPEG

IMG_1093.JPEG

67864154805__078CCB6C-E21C-42DB-8644-BF593FE16EDF.JPEG

"If the truck/camper package is so great, then why are you selling?"

Because my job is requiring more and more of my time, and the truck isn't really being used for what its intended purpose is--weekend or even longer camping trips--and has primarily become a daily driver, which is not something I'd normally pick a HD truck for! So I'd rather see someone else be able to take advantage of its capabilities and enjoy it for what it was designed to do.

"How did you arrive at your asking price?"

Even if I don't include the price of the included modifications, the truck as it sits has a trade-in value of $45k (because of the Power Wagon package, of course). I'd also encourage folks to try and find a similar rig--never mind an "official" PW with the nicer amenities--with this few miles for $44k. My cost for a less-than-year-old topper is over $14k, so asking $8k seems a fair and reasonable offer, especially given the lengthy wait time for a Treehouse right now.

"Will you split the truck and topper?"

Right now, no. They're a perfect match, and I frankly don't want to deal with the hassle of finding someone to remove the camper (short of driving to Snap! and seeing if they'd be willing to "transfer" the topper to your rig, at your cost).

"How would you handle the financials and the physical transfer?"

There IS a lien on the truck; this would be easily solved by meeting at my local credit union (not nation-wide, unfortunately) and squaring away the title transfer, if you're within driving distance of the northern Virginia area. Alternatively, I'm happy to pick up a buyer from one of our many local airports (I recommend Reagan National), drive you to the bank, effect the transfer, and let you drive this rig home.

Note: I do not NEED to sell this truck and am not interested in low-ball offers!

Happy to answer any questions or provide additional photos (I hit the per-post limit).

Last edited:
Weekly bump...will separate topper from truck. Also, because I've received some questions: the topper will only fit a 2015+ Ram 1500/2019+ Ram 2500-3500 with the 6-ish foot bed.

“Hey, look, the forum is working again!” bum

Truck is sold; topper is available (for a great price!) through Snap! Outfitters. Custom topper fits 2019+ Ram 2500/3500 with the 6.5 foot bed, or 2014+ 1500s with the same.

Happy to field questions!

Attachments

• 3EFDFEC3-723C-4454-B22C-94EAB782F68C.png
    3EFDFEC3-723C-4454-B22C-94EAB782F68C.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 61
  • B8C42203-CE7C-4640-80D2-8125B1CAB969.png
    B8C42203-CE7C-4640-80D2-8125B1CAB969.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member