Trying to decide, Keep F350 Crew or go Montero

surlydiesel

Adventurer
I'm late the post but I think you'll find your wife with the SUV is going to make everyone's life easier and you have a great short trip vehicle. I'm with you, up in the air about the 6.0. My local shop is all for the v10 and I'm leaning that way. I'd grab a 5.4 if it was a good deal. Might work a bit harder but who cares. For the cost of replacing the injectors on your truck, or doing the headgaskets, you can get a good used gas motor. That said, you own the truck outright, watch your gauges and be prepared for a repair at some point down the road. Some of these trucks run 250k stock and never have a problem. I always loved my diesels but I'm prob going to be a gas guy from here on out.

-jorge

155mm

Adventurer
Keep both. Use the SUV for shorter trips and around town. Use the F350 for the camping trips and long road trips where you need the extra luggage space.

The F350 won't be much worse on forest roads than trying to pull a trailer around on the Montero anyway.

Not sure what year your 6.0 powered F250 is. I have friends who have the same powertrain, but of 2005-2007 variety, and I bought mine based on their experience with theirs. None have had any problems with them except for one and this was due to neglect of maintenance. I changed all my fluids as soon as I got it and keep an eye on my gauges while driving to make sure all is well. The only person who I personally know that had problems with his was a guy that complained about having to replace injectors at 180k miles.
As for me, I plan on keeping mine and getting a Landcruiser as a toy to play around with. That way I can have the best of both worlds. That said, the Landcruiser will likely be towed behind the truck as it is more comfortable to ride in the truck than a small SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman