Tundra Build Inspiration_picure story

thecriscokid

Explorer
Here is a quick set up. Arriving at camp around 1 a.m. Simply undo bike tie downs and sleep. In the morning I pulled out the step and got a bit more comfortable. I usually prep camp a bit more, but this is an example of the circumstance and why my truck is set up this way. Rainy bike trips in the Rockies, late nights in the desert all had influences.
IMG_7337.jpg
[/IMG]

Packed back up for the drive. nothing moves except the sleeping bag once in a while
IMG_7346.jpg
[/IMG]

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That is outstanding! :clapsmile

I had a similar idea years ago... bed & storage on the driver's side with an elevated pantry & workspace on the pass side, but never made it happen. Plus with my old cab-height shell, I just didn't have the headroom to make it all worthwhile. But with that topper of yours, it looks ideal. Room for the bike or wife is a huge bonus!

Great job and nice carpentry skills! Thanks for the update - :beer:

thecriscokid

Explorer
Suspension upgrades!

Alcan +500lb over stock and 2" lift (maybe 1") and some OME shocks. They handle a load much better and are very progressive. I could use some kind of jounce shock or better bottom out bumper for the times when I get a little throttle happy... Maybe the Timbrens?
IMG_7380.jpg
[/IMG]

Up front, I just got some Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2.5 diameter coilovers and set them about an inch lower that where I was with the puck lift. Just a few turns lower that how they come at around 2" of lift. I paired them with some Camburg uni ball upper control arms. Man what a difference! These things changed the ride sooo much! On road and off road, stability on the road with a heavy load at high speeds is awesome. Off road, well big surprise, amazing! Hench the desire for some better bottom out bumpers in the rear. Did I mention how adjustable they are? Leveling drivers side to passenger side and set them up to ride just slightly lower that the 75% loaded rear. I decided that a little off road and a couple hours on the highway would be enough time for them to settle before an alignment. Fully loaded alignment is a good idea by the way.

IMG_7378.jpg
[/IMG]

thecriscokid

Explorer
That is outstanding! :clapsmile

I had a similar idea years ago... bed & storage on the driver's side with an elevated pantry & workspace on the pass side, but never made it happen. Plus with my old cab-height shell, I just didn't have the headroom to make it all worthwhile. But with that topper of yours, it looks ideal. Room for the bike or wife is a huge bonus!

Great job and nice carpentry skills! Thanks for the update - :beer:

Thank You.

thecriscokid

Explorer
Couple pics.
Not to many action shots because I have been traveling solo the majority of the time. My last trip I did get some fun point to point trail runs. I have started to scout/ride some trails on my bike and follow up by driving them in the truck.

IMG_7348.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7365.jpg
[/IMG]

thecriscokid

Explorer
Thanks for all the compliments! I am pretty happy with the bed set-up.
I am keeping things on the simple side with electronics for now. I might even be a little ghetto. Stock stereo tape deck and 6 disc with a tape player headphone jack fed through the dash. It works...
IMG_7449.jpg
[/IMG]

I figure that I will just wait until I get a fridge or winch, light combo and do a serious wire program. Until then I have a single Optima Yellow Top and currently only have 12v L.E.D. lights in the camper.

The L.E.D. light strips are pretty cool. Just hook up to a 12v source and cut off what you don't need. They are really bright. I have them pointed down, back at the topper
IMG_7453.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_7441.jpg
[/IMG]

The other idea that I'm going to continue with is for tie downs.
I have this small shelf basically to cover the bolts that hold on the topper. I sandwiched a couple bolts in between the top and the bed rail to attach this shelf and I have put the tie down loop though those bolts. I will probably add a few more the next time the top is off. Maybe next week (big house project)

IMG_7444.jpg
[/IMG]

thecriscokid

Explorer
Next up. I need to get a little protection on it.
Probably go with some of Stubbs sliders and some Rock Rated skids.
nsscabplates1.jpg
[/IMG]

I would like to get a ARB bullbar for a LC 100 to work. Maybe just pick up the Sahara Bar that is at a shop down the street. We'll see?
Bullbar_landcruiser1.jpg
[/IMG]

And I really like this bumper that 01Tundra's buddy has on his Taco. Just like AEV builds for there trucks. These may be down the road a bit...
2618275710089640444HPTGDX_ph.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy