Ultimate Expedition Audio / Video System

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Hi There,

As a part of our EcoRoamer project, I've just posted the details of what is my idea of the ultimate long-term expedition camper audio / video system.

I thought there might be some interest in that in this forum too, so here's a link to that posting if your interested.

I'm very curious to hear other people's ideas on the ultimate expedition audio / video system, too.

'cause you can't just watch the horizon for two years.

Cheers,
Jay.

Carlyle

Explorer
Jay, it looks like you have covered pretty much everything I put in an AV system for any ultra cool camper. Are you going to tie in any type of VHF/Ham system or leave it separate?

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Radios

We have a CB Radio and a Yaesu 9800 VHF. I would like them to feed into the audio system, but don't want them as a dedicated 'aux' input that we would have to listen to exclusively. i.e. I'd like to have the radios on in the background while still listening to music / kids-watching-movie on the main system.

I haven't figured that part out yet! Any suggestions from others? I know a lot of people on ExPo have VHF's, do most keep them separate or is there a better way I'm missing?

Cheers,
Jay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater