Unfortuntaely I drove a Defender 90

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
I was picking up a Brownchurch Truck Cab roof rack the night before last. The chap who was selling it had a 90 that he was looking to sell. A '97 CSW in that nice dark green metallic colour; 92K FSH. Really tidy; 300Tdi manual. Never been messed about with. NAS rear towing unit, standard bumper etc. He was unsure whether to ask as much as £8k.

A friend of mine who is a customs import/export expert working on international trade and shipping reckons 2 hours to sort the paperwork to import to Canada {we were thinking about starting up a business importing Land Rovers/Land Rover Spares into North America but as a side line [we both run similar companies but him in france me in the UK]so low/medium profit levels}

My heart goes out to you guys with such an expensive addiction....

johnyt

The low initial price is just the start.......

I imported a year ago and learned about customs brokerage , stuffing and un stuffing fees, demmurage fees , inspection fees etc. I have $11,000 CAD in my 91 HC pick-up that came from England. Only half was the purchase price, the rest was for delivery to port, shipping by container, loading , un loading, storage etc. There would be savings if you could put 2 vehicles in the container......but I only had 1.

( by the way, pay to get the body and undercarrige steam-cleaned prior to loading and have it noted on the shipping documents, avoid Agriculture Canada steam-cleaning fees here which are much higher)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal