Unhappy with Currie Enterprise.

Just wanted to throw this out there, if you decide you might want to purchase parts from currie you might want to send them a few Emails looking for information and see if they respond to you. I have made the mistake of building a hi pinion 9 axle and have been trying to get info from them for about a month now with only one repsonse answering only one part of the email and telling me "I'll get back to you". Maybe I've just gotten used to other company's like Summit Racing (top notch response), 4 wheel parts, and even EBay sellers respond better. I know from now on I will check into a company a little better before deciding to spend a little over a grand with them.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I'll bet they are more responsive once they've recovered from their EJS hangovers. It seems that the four wheeling industry goes into customer service limp-mode during the months of SEMA, EJS, and KoH. Unless you are displaying a truck there with their giant logo on the side, their commitment to you is on hold. Some of them will at least give a heads up and a discount for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

driver61

Adventurer
I ordered a high pinion gear from them back in October. Finally canceled the order in January and ordered from Tru High 9...Had my gear three days later.

Yea, I would hope so, but hopefully Ive already figured everything out on my own. Now just have to wait on the missing part and other parts I ordered and hope the info I was able to find is correct.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
They're probably at EJS. It's a small industry with small businesses. That event doubles as a vacation for a lot of overworked industry guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
I do not think that is a legit excuse. They can always drop a short email saying they'll get back to you asap. No news is bad news.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I am going to chime in on this one. I have known Charlie and John Currie for a very long time, they are really good guys and there is no doubt when it comes to diff's they know their stuff. They have been the leaders in the off-road industry when it comes to axles for ever, way before most other company jumped in. It seems that there growth has been the issue and even though they have expanded their footprint its not getting better with build times etc..I also think that the sales guys even though knowledgeable, they don't do a good job when it comes to customer service and sometimes not even friendly. If you go to the shop they have hundreds of axles waiting to be built. Its a family business, and we all know how that goes with change...For me its worth the wait because I have had such good luck with the products.

JeepinJon

Observer
Yea, when it comes down to it in the sales guys eyes, I'm just a penny in a barrel of thousand dollar bills.

I am the same way. That is why I like to talk to companies before I spend money. If they are not willing to talk to me when I am looking to spend money, how much communication am I going to get when I am looking for support after spending the money?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk