USMC Military KLR650 (another surplus auction)

Strizzo

Explorer
re: west texas - most of it north of midland, you're probably correct but if you haven't been down into big bend or the guadalupes and points west, you're missing out.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I will bet that it's going to go over $2500. Military bikes bring lots of money..even really hammered ones. I've seen beat KLR250's go for over three grand......

I understand. I've been told west texas is "God's country" to which I responded, "he can have it." There are few landscapes I have seen that are more uninteresting than the flats of west texas. IMHO.

You need to drive farther south of I-10. The Big Bend and Davis Mountains region is what people refer to as "God's country".

This place is literally 25 minutes from my house. I think I'll have to bid on this bad boy.

I've got an old '79 Honda CT90 Dual Sport I'm rebuilding for hunting and cruising around. I really don't know anything about these larger bikes.

Any opinions or thoughts on them?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Can I get that with a Machine Gun Mount and Rocket Launchers?

I want one!:costumed-smiley-007

TJ Willy

Adventurer
My concern is how long it has been crated without having been ran. No miles on an older bike can be as bad as high miles. Don't ask me how I know!

It would be a unique bike to have but KLR's in the market are priced very attractively and many with a lot of aftermarket farkles on them. I saw a new 08 KLR for 3200 sell the other day. That would have been the way to go. And it was farkled up as well.

crusader

Adventurer
The way this auction is looking, somebody is going to buy this for MORE than the Government paid for it and for more than you can buy a BRAND NEW one from the dealer...

Czechsix

The way this auction is looking, somebody is going to buy this for MORE than the Government paid for it and for more than you can buy a BRAND NEW one from the dealer...

Hehe. Told you guys that - I speak from experience in these things. What's the current bid?

spencyg

This Space For Rent
And the bike is only worth about a third of that if it wasn't painted olive drab....

Some people will buy the darndest things.

Spence

Czechsix

High bid is $6,090 with 21 hours left in the auction. The government paid $6,518 originally.

It's that high end CARC paint, dontcha know?

Good old GL strikes again - and hopefully the winning bidder actually looked at the lot, and didn't believe the photos.

TJ Willy

Adventurer
It's that high end CARC paint, dontcha know?

Good old GL strikes again - and hopefully the winning bidder actually looked at the lot, and didn't believe the photos.

I was watching this and quit at 3k. Mil-Spec means twice the price don't ya know? As a military contractor, I know it means the government pays twice as much any way.

I figured they paid more than the stated price price of $6nnn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy