Utah in the fall 2015 - 9 days, 475 off-road miles, and 14 hours of digging! (PICS!)

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Thank you for this, that was epic. You two (three, counting the van) make quite a team. Great work, and great trip report.

RIDGE

Adventurer
Thanks again guys! I'll be back from Baja soon and answer some questions that were asked, as well as a new trip report from Baja!

Attachments

• edited_20160102_144934-1.jpg
    edited_20160102_144934-1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 43

Arctic Travelller

Adventurer
Are you going to be out there? I'll be pitted next to Jason Scherer.

Yup, I'll be there. I hope to arrive at the beginning of the week, but I'm currently headed to Canada so I'm a little unsure exactly when. I've never been, but I have a pretty good idea what your van looks like so I'll try to stop by and say hi. If Ramsey ends up going, I'll hook up with him to find you, but any idea where you might camp? Cheers...............

RIDGE

Adventurer
Wow, awesome trip report.
Quick question about your route: Where did you go after Poison Spring road? From my map it looks like Poison Spring road takes you into Canyonlands Maze District, right? So did you just take the road back towards Hite Marina from there?

Sorry it took so long to reply...I've been super busy with work and getting my junk ready for another trip in late February (probably Baja again).

Anyhoo, we came to a crossroads (at night) and made a right hand turn that led us to Hite. At that point in the trip, we were just trying to finish the route I mentioned in the first post, so we didn't explore any other ideas.

RIDGE

Adventurer
Yup, I'll be there. I hope to arrive at the beginning of the week, but I'm currently headed to Canada so I'm a little unsure exactly when. I've never been, but I have a pretty good idea what your van looks like so I'll try to stop by and say hi. If Ramsey ends up going, I'll hook up with him to find you, but any idea where you might camp? Cheers...............

I just found out I'll be camped near Nitto, but on the outside of actual "Hammertown."

I qualify on Tuesday, race Legends on Thursday, and hopefully race again on friday...depending on how Tuesday goes!

ljrunner05

Adventurer
That was amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us, I'm truly in awe and inspired! Would you happen to have the route planned out somewhere you could share it?

BigDogKona

That was amazing! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us, I'm truly in awe and inspired! Would you happen to have the route planned out somewhere you could share it?

I'm starting a trip at Alstrom point the end of March. If you have GPS track or a list of trails you ran that would be awesome.

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
I followed along a bit on google earth to get a feel for the area. Pretty awesome trip. :sombrero: bad ***, one leg, and pulling a trailer, too.

Slim01

Thanks for taking the time to write the report, giving me great motivation to get my stuff sorted and get out there sooner rather than later.

Cheers

hatchcanyon

Lancisti
Read the story right now!

I'm impressed and found a lot of "good ol' buddies" in it. Croton Road - on picture exacly at the place where I ripped off the front bumper of a Chevrolet Trailblazer, Poison Spring Canyon where we hat to dig and North Hatch Canyon too.

All of these can be easy or can be bad.

Thanks for the report!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach