Utlity trailer build with topper.

1v6pony

Adventurer
Thanks, i picked up another Craigslist find for camping
camp chef expedition 3 burner stove with BBQ box and griddle, all for $100

Also after reading some info on trailer tongue length and recommended support structure, It looks like I have some redesigning to do

colorado matt

Adventurer
man ..another craigslist score ... good for you ..... been waiting to see how you set up the shower .... also please think out loud about tongue length and how you plan to change it ... with pics of course please .... Matt

1v6pony

Adventurer
So rethinking things. I am going to move the RTT to center on the axle also going to cut some of the front overhang on the front off, Shorten the tongue length to 3 feet instead of 4.

1v6pony

Adventurer
Ok moved the tent to center, Cut some overhang on the front off and rebuilt the tongue. went from 1/8 wall to 3/16 wall...Trailer tongue weight went from 138 lbs empty to 76lb empty, Should be perfect balance once I add propane, Battery and Fuel to the front.
tongue.JPG
tongue 1.JPG

1v6pony

Adventurer
So I just took it out for 3 days and tried everything out, almost everything worked good, A couple of issues, One the Shower line needs to be longer to reach the shower enclosure, and 2 you cannot hook up the water filter backwards :wings:
but all in all it towed great and the wife even enjoyed it...
camping2.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven