V2 GFC for 2nd Gen Tacoma - No longer available

tomgbell

How has that experience been? I’m planning to live in my Tacoma this summer too while saving for a house
I've been living in vehicles for about 4 years now and enjoy it. There are a lot of factors that will impact your personal experience. I would suggest starting off with a simple camper shell and a single bed platform leaving one side of the bed open so you can use the bed like a bench. Most pop top campers like GFC are overpriced for what you get. So if your goal is to save money, I would suggest keeping it simple and as cheap as possible. I hope that helps and feel free to reach out with any other questions.

dole

I've been living in vehicles for about 4 years now and enjoy it. There are a lot of factors that will impact your personal experience. I would suggest starting off with a simple camper shell and a single bed platform leaving one side of the bed open so you can use the bed like a bench. Most pop top campers like GFC are overpriced for what you get. So if your goal is to save money, I would suggest keeping it simple and as cheap as possible. I hope that helps and feel free to reach out with any other questions.

thanks for the insight. I’ve definitely been re-thinking my plans and getting simpler every time as the time gets closer to actually moving into the truck. best of luck with your trade and future! :)

Vst

Do you care to share what doesn't work for you on the GFC? Or do you just have buyers remorse?
Also would like to know answer. But also where are you located I have a four wheel camper shell model I maybe willing to trade I’m looking to downsize to something lighter. Does your truck have a 6’ bed?

All regular cab Tacomas are 6ft beds from 1995.5 to when they were discontinued in 2016, so yes, OP's truck is a 6ft (long) bed.

grosventr3

Interested in trading for a rebuilt 80's FWC? Has solar setup. DM if you want more details & pics. Rebuilt in 2019, lived out of it a couple summers ago, but the GFC would fit my needs a bit better these days. Located in Jackson, WY

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0503.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0503.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater