Value of Used AT Trailers

Nay

Observer
When did this turn into a financial forum? :confused:

Ya know part of this, but since you asked :sombrero::

1) Have two kids, build XJ, travel, wheel, get kids out of diapers;
2) Have two (more) kids, sell XJ, buy large house, acquire minivan;
3) Buy 80 series Cruiser to replace XJ;
4) Modify 80 series Cruiser with money already eaten up by the house and kids identified in #1 and 2;
5) Upgrade minivan for dual DVD players and other family comforts;
6) Have basement destroyed by municipal water company system failure in the form of a raw sewage backflow;
7) Have said municipal water company promise to pay all damages, send out claim adjuster who works with us for 2 months, refuses to pay after work completed;
8) File lawsuit, spend 18 months to recover $.50 on the dollar on $80K of financial damage;
9) Get Burnese Mountain Dog;
10) Realize 80 is too small for BMD, kids, and all required gear for big trips;
11) Need cargo trailer for full range of camping and offroad use in order to keep the 80 and really get into the back country;
12) Find really nice M101 CDN local already modified at a great price;
13) Set up appointment to see M101;
14) Get stomach flu 2 hours later. 5 kids get stomach flu all at the same time in the middle of the night 2 days later;
15) M101 gets sold before I can see it;
16) Figure fate is saying "just get the AT you want anyway, you have no time for a project";
17) Need financing (see #1 to #8 above), get good terms from Credit Union;
18) Ask question on ExPo about depreciation in quest to obtain 100% financing because Cash is King (Cashflow is Queen, and she is already dead).

Or something like that. :coffeedrink:

Nay

Observer
X10.
I would not go into debt over something as menial as a trailer unless it was somehow:
A) a source of income for me
B) a necessity (ie a very long expedition trip for work or something)

C) it allows you to keep your current vehicle where your investment loss in resale value of modifications would equal or exceed the cost of the trailer as well as not incurring the cost of a larger replacement vehicle and its modifications, making the trailer a net savings even if well outfitted at premium pricing.

Think she'll buy it? :D

Last edited:

Nay

Observer
LOL

You still haven't addressed why you keep following me! And I don't have a family of 7, so we can rule that out :sombrero:

Hey, I actually live someplace where expeditions are possible :ylsmoke:

MUD is getting boring - I think half the posts in the 80 forum are still about how to get an OME kit to sit level :Wow1:

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
Buy the trailer new, drive (alone) to cali to pick it up. Enjoy the solitude and familiarize yourself with the trailer and all it's goodies. Camp along the way. Should only take 4-5 days. Leave on a thursday night arrive in California sometime friday, turn right back around and take your time Sat and Sun.

Seems like a perfect plan to me. Everyone I know that has had or has one loves it. :costumed-smiley-007

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Buy the trailer new, drive (alone) to cali to pick it up. Enjoy the solitude and familiarize yourself with the trailer and all it's goodies. Camp along the way. Should only take 4-5 days. Leave on a thursday night arrive in California sometime friday, turn right back around and take your time Sat and Sun.

Seems like a perfect plan to me. Everyone I know that has had or has one loves it. "

mmm I think I'd just stop in Prescot Arizona ! and pay no sales tax:costumed-smiley-007

Arya Ebrahimi

Adventurer
Hey, I actually live someplace where expeditions are possible :ylsmoke:

MUD is getting boring - I think half the posts in the 80 forum are still about how to get an OME kit to sit level :Wow1:

LOL, I pretty much only hit mud these days for the classifieds. Haven't driven my 80 in a year and a half :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner