Vehicle for six passengers?

rusty_tlc

Explorer
IMHO there are more disadvantages to a single rig expedition then advantages. Six people three rigs has a safety factor built in. Plus there is a big advantage in manuverability, any rig that can accomadate six and their gear will be restricet as to where it can go, especially with a trailer.

The Ford Vans are relatively nice.

My off highway experience with them was only muddy back roads pulling a 20ft flatbottom boat. It wasnt modified, but the 4x4 and diesel combo works pretty good. Same engine as an F350 if i remember correctly.
I did drive/ride in it for about miles and it was comfortable and never any issues.

For having a tall roof, I would actually say they have a relatively low COG. I wouldnt say to go rock crawling like the Quigly van, but for off highway travel... go for it. They have a heck of a payload and a proven drive train.

Heck, I'm going to look into one now...

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Great question. My wife and I have 4 kids. I just sold my 1996 Land Rover SE7 that was able to seat all of us but it was on it's last legs as a daily driver. So now I am faced with several choices... another DI or do I go with a DII this time? I can't afford a 110 but I can afford a rebuilt 109, spend another grand on aftermarket AC to please the wife and keep the baby comfortable and I have something that can hold us all, gear and all.:costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal