Video: Aluminess Nerf Bar Install on an E350

sixstringsteve

Explorer

The instructions from Aluminess left a lot to be desired, so I thought I'd toss this quick video up for anyone doing the install. Even the website pics were tough to see how the steps mounted. While this isn't a how-to instructional video, it should give you a good idea of what it took to install these. Hopefully this helps someone out there.

Last edited:

OtterHome

Thanks for posting this. It's my next project. This will help a lot.

You commented in the video that they would be better if they were out farther from the van. Now that you've used them for a bit, do they still seem too narrow? I haven't ordered yet and am still kinda on the fence about that.

sixstringsteve

Explorer
I'd prefer that they stuck out another inch, but they're usable as is. My passengers haven't complained about them being narrow. It just kinda forces you to step sideways when entering.

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
At 4:20 you questioned what Aluminess meant by "at an angle to each other". They want one bolt more inboard than the other, so that a line between the two bolts is not parallel to the Nerf Bar and Pinch Weld - making it more stable.

Good job on the install and video.

Giving away our little install secrets?

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Ah, that makes sense with the 'angle' note.

I know you've got plenty more secrets up your sleeves ;)

Thanks again for the tips, they made the install go a lot better.

djbonsu

Adventurer
Great video per usual and info! I'm also in the fence about going this route or having something custom made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob