Vintage Pathfinder Magazine Article - June 1987

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Found this in an old Automobile from June 1987.

I love these old car magazine articles, some pretty corny lines.

To be honest, I love these first generation pathfinders. As those in the rust belt know, not easy to find one in good shape, if I had been able to find one I would probably be driving it any not my Xterra

203234kinectricscom_20121219_074819_001_zps31b5de04.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
I've always been a fan of both the 1st gen Pathfinders and the pickup version. I actually came across a pristine 1st gen 4x4 Pathfinder when I was looking for my R50. It was owned by a little ole lady and had 48k miles on it. The asking price was $5600. I really thought about buying it because they're such cool trucks and in that condition hard to find. But at the time the priority was a slightly more modern 'family explorer' rig.

It's a shame what the name Pathfinder stands for with the latest release :smilies27

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I've always been a fan of both the 1st gen Pathfinders and the pickup version. I actually came across a pristine 1st gen 4x4 Pathfinder when I was looking for my R50. It was owned by a little ole lady and had 48k miles on it. The asking price was $5600. I really thought about buying it because they're such cool trucks and in that condition hard to find. But at the time the priority was a slightly more modern 'family explorer' rig.

It's a shame what the name Pathfinder stands for with the latest release :smilies27

agreed, the newest is unfortunate, although commercials arent bad

the first gen are also very 80s cool, just check out those alloys!

Allof75

Pathfinder
Seems like someone's on the payroll :sombrero:

Seriously though, those 1st gens are awesome, definitely on my to-buy list for a little more extreme exploring/crawling.

toymaster

Explorer
Vintage??? Back in the day I was looking hard at the hard-bodies. Well, as hard as a 16 year old kid with no money can "look". :)

Edit: Holy crap, how does a truck based vic de-evolve into a crossover?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater