Volvo 303 in SE PA

pajeepman

Adventurer
43B1DF48-D040-4635-84A2-53C174F4845E_1.jpg

Not mine :( I saw this a month ago driving by and talked to the guy selling it, Selling it for a friend who lives IIRC in New York and owns a 4x4 shop. It's only about 15-20 minutes from me so if you call about it and want somebody to take a look at it if you aren't close, I will do that for you. I'm a Jeep guy but could give you an honest opinion on how clean it is/isn't and whatever else you wanted me to check out. I wish I could afford it, would be a great camping rig. And if you buy it,even if I don't check it out for you, I want a ride in it before you take it out of the area, unless you live in the area, I still want a ride:smiley_drive:

Dealerships web site link: http://www.elitemotorz.net/vehicledetails.aspx?vid=133073980# many more pictures here.

SUPER RARE 1974 VOLVO C303**ALSO KNOWN AS VOLVO LAPLANDER**46k KILOMETERS WHICH IS 29K MILES**ONE OF THE BEST OFF ROAD TRUCKS IN THE WORLD**BUILT BY SWEDISH MILITARY**MANUAL TRANSMISSION W/ 4 LOW- 4 HIGH - REVERSE LOW AND HIGH**CLEAN NJ TITLE**COOLER THAN PINZGAUER AND UNIMOG**INLINE 6 CYLINDER VOLVO B-30 ENGINE**PORTAL DIFFERENTIALS WHICH PROVIDES HIGH CLEARANCE**FRONT & REAR LOCKING DIFFERENTIALS**FRONT & REAR HEATER**7 PASSENGER SEATING**RECENT SERVICES INCLUDES THE FOLLOW: NEW SHOCKS FRONT & REAR , NEW CLUTCH SET (PRESSURE PLATE,BEARING,CLUTCH DISC) , OIL HAS BEEN CHANGED THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE TRUCK (ENGINE, GEARBOX, PORTAL AXLES&DIFFERENTIALS) , ENGINE TUNE UP , VALVE COVER GASKET, FRONT & REAR ENGINE SEALS****THE TRUCK IS 24 VOLTS W/ CUSTOM 12 VOLT ACCESORIES**CUSTOM INSTALLED ACCESSORIES: PIONEER HEAD UNIT , CB RADIO, BACK UP LIGHTS, ELECTRIC FANS, WATER PROOF MARINE CUSTOM MADE SWITCH BOX THAT IS PRE-WIRED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL OPTIONS YOU WANT TO ADD**OWNED AND SERVICED BY A METICULOUS AUTO ENTHUSIAST, WITH NO EXPENSE SPARED**TRULY A ONE OF A KIND TRUCK**

PLEASE CALL (484) 770-5200

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I saw that one too Barry, sitting just off 476 heading back to Shorty's. That guys gets some higher end vehicles in reguarly.

evilfij

Explorer
I stopped and checked it out and it looks clean. I too can do a real crawl around if anyone is interested.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i may be mistaken but i think the sever rust areas are hidden in the you need to pull the the glovebox etc to see them.

zimm

Expedition Leader
well. they getting to be unobtainium. im sure you could knock him down a few, but how much?

new at this

http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/index.php

I used to have a Pinz 712 6x6 so spent some time on that forum....

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I like the Volvo a bit better but the production numbers kind of limit it's field-serviceablility. I'm pretty excited to read about how the independent portal axles work.

i may be mistaken but i think the sever rust areas are hidden in the you need to pull the the glovebox etc to see them.

I thought they had some sort of magical Aluminum/Zinc body for reasons as such?

I did find one forum on the Volvo, sadly it's in German:
http://www.c303.de/c303-forum/index.php

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I have seen these in similar condition for as low as 15K, but also as high as 25K, so, he is in the high end for sure. I have also seen runners in poor condition as low as 3-5K, and one that was a darn nice (all things considered) crew cab pickup style volvo for (if I recall) about 5K on the unimog exchange (long ago, not there anynmore).

This is my experience, and may not be of much use to anyone else, nor similar to the experiences of others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design