VW People....Check in!!!!

59bisquik

Here is my buggy. Its a Chenowth chassis with modified VW suspension and 14" of travel all around. Subaru EJ20T engine with a build VW Sand Pro transmission. It frequently sees desert prerunning type use and part of the year its on paddles out in the dunes.

DSCF3008.jpg

004-6.jpg

ExpoMike

Here's the buggy I built a number of years back. Got it to this point and got offered enough money to sell it. Kind of wish I kept it... :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MVC-868S.JPG
    MVC-868S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,004
  • MVC-866S.JPG
    MVC-866S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,011
  • MVC-864S.JPG
    MVC-864S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,010

greg mgm

Explorer
I don't know the brand of that body but it looks good. Cool that the rear fiberglass wasn't cut, like so many do.

addicted56

Adventurer
Another Touareg Owner here. 2004 V10 TDI with Locking Rear. No mods yet as I just purchased. Can't decide if I'll leave the Land Cruiser for offroad and keep this a beauty queen for awhile or go all out.

For those wondering about tire storage. There are two companies that make very slick rear tire carriers that will work with your trailer hitch. Nice swing outs and attachments for fuel/water storage and a highlift jack.

Aftermarket support is very light and likely will never be here due to the limited numbers of vehicles sold. Now if someone like Camburg would hook us up with some longer arms and air bags.

bat

Explorer
My first car a 1962 Karman Ghia in 1974 this is what happened when someone put a set of sheet metal clippers in my hand :Wow1:

2011-07-06_19-01-44_767 (5).jpg

Last edited:

Trout

2nd VW

DSCN0570a-vi.jpg

2008 R32. It's not going off road anytime soon, but it eats highway miles comfortably, will slice & dice backroads and it's a perfect daily driver in the city. I'm looking for some 17" wheels so I can get a little more sidewall, but the front brakes are on the large size. DSG is slick, the VR6 sounds lovely and AWD is a joy compared to the FWD VW I owned in the past. What would make it perfect? A Quaife LSD in the front and an HPA turbo under the hood.

MidnightRider

MidnightRider
Here some pics of mine, it's been all over California on many expeditions. This is taken in front of Diaz lake on the way home from a solo Eastern Sierra trip. My wife has more of a street baja, daily driver. Ill have to take some pics of hers and post them later.

Attachments

• 237 (800x600).jpg
    237 (800x600).jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 239 (800x600).jpg
    239 (800x600).jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 282

Bobfab

Observer
Love the Baja, I am seriously considering picking one up to build as an all-arounder rig! I am very tempted by the low entry cost and parts availability; but having restored a KG in a previous life i know it adds up quickly!

Got a build thread or spec sheet?

fjatheart

Adventurer
What forms or websites can I learn more about building a off road bug? I dont know anything about VW's and would like to learn more about them. I'm in Nashville, TN and I just don't see any people around here with a Baja style bugs. Is there a site similar to IH8MUD for folks into off road bugs?

Thank you!

32vsnake

Adventurer
What forms or websites can I learn more about building a off road bug? I dont know anything about VW's and would like to learn more about them. I'm in Nashville, TN and I just don't see any people around here with a Baja style bugs. Is there a site similar to IH8MUD for folks into off road bugs?

Thank you!

shoptalkforums and the thesamba.com for the ultimate aircooled info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal