WANTED 4x4 class c motorhome to sleep 4. HELP!

java

Expedition Leader
That bigfoot is nice. the fiberglass shell is the way to go.

I have a winne very similar to the one above. depending on how rough of roads we are talking it would be great.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Yeah, and how can you beat the sking pric of that Winne?

I just bought an old 4WD pickup for almost as much.....and with no camper to go with it!

Good luck with what sounds like some grand adventures......life is short, travel and xplore now while you can, pay for it later.....you can be the greeter at Walmart when you are 70 much easier than you can drive end to end the American continent at that age.

dtruzinski

4 Season Traveller
TC alternative

Check out my expo-rig. I am somewhat conflicted on selling it, as I know the minute I do, the time will be available for me to use it. The only caution I would make is that it requires DEF and availability worldwide might be challenging. I also don't meet your two fixed bed requirement, but the rest of the rig will delight and amaze. It is well thought out, comfortable to tour in and surprisingly capable off road.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/117421-2012-Ram-5500-4x4-Expedition-RV-(pics-loaded)

Like finding a needle in a haystack.... this one is a hard one to find.
Looking for a 4x4 Class C (or B) RV. Used preferably. - Big for an expedition vehicle - but small for an RV. (around 23 - 26 ft max)

Budget: 100 000$ Max

Must Haves:
- sleeps 4 (2 adults and 2 children) Beds must be permanent. We don't want to undo the table to set up the beds.
- 4 seated while driving.
- kitchen, shower, table.

Nice to Haves:
- diesel
- a minimum of room. My wife and I alone would have simply taken our tacoma with campershell. But for a 24 months and more trip with 2 kids doing their schooling We are looking for a bigger and roomier alternative.
- invisibility cloak (discreet?) OK OK I'm dreaming I know.
- We also accept donations for the 300 000$ we would need for a Real Expedition Vehicle fiting this bill....)

We are planning a Central and South america trip for 24 months. Departure: sept 2014. And if the vehicle fits and the kids survive us ... to continue to Europe and Asia. And finish off in Africa.

If you don't have the RV we need for sale .... Any info, suggestions or ideas would be great.

Live Love Laugh

mervifwdc

Adventurer
As mentioned above, a serious 4x4 (like the sweet rig in the post before this one) or a truck camper is what you need for South America if you want to get to all the places worth visiting and enjoy the experience.

I would suggest our Unimog camper to you, but it only seats 3 in the front cab while driving. Keep looking! :)

Merv.

louie71

Observer
Hello gents,

I am bumping this thread for the simple reason I am looking for the exact same sort of vehicle, but on a much smaller budget. $30000 max. I know Bigfoot made some smaller class c 4x4 rigs, but I am having a tough time finding them and the Tigers are beyond our price range. We do not want to go longer than 22ft. I'd like to know if the originator of this thread was successful in his quest.

Much thanks, Louie

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Louie,

This little one is on my local CL. Nice looking chinook.

00J0J_JgEcpVYnyW_600x450.jpg

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvd/5304796185.html

louie71

Observer
Java and Dunk,
Thank you for the replies. I'll just be patient and keep looking. I'm a bit hesitant buying a vehicle on eBay site unseen. I can't be committed to that kind of expense without seeing the vehicle and driving it and having it checked out by a shop before buying. How does that work buying a vehicle in eBay? The Seattle ride looks interesting, but has a huge amount of miles. I appreciate the leads:)

java

Expedition Leader
Java and Dunk,
Thank you for the replies. I'll just be patient and keep looking. I'm a bit hesitant buying a vehicle on eBay site unseen. I can't be committed to that kind of expense without seeing the vehicle and driving it and having it checked out by a shop before buying. How does that work buying a vehicle in eBay? The Seattle ride looks interesting, but has a huge amount of miles. I appreciate the leads:)

Im happy to go look at the seattle on if your interested. They definitely out there.

louie71

Observer
I appreciate the offer to go check it out, but 300,000 miles is pretty high. I did email the seller for more info. Thanks!

PoloTurbo

Observer
I appreciate the offer to go check it out, but 300,000 miles is pretty high. I did email the seller for more info. Thanks!

I will have one for sale very soon. Maybe a bit old for your needs but being an 1991 it will be importable as of 2016.

It's a K2500 4x4 class C 1991, 23'
Here is my thread about it. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/138015-Custom-old-school-class-C-globe-trotter

Going to put an official ad in the next few months as it's going in storage this weekend.
Put a ton of maintenance on it.
Just looking to sell it cheap at 6.5kusd

I know I'm far away but it can give you some ideas about what's out there.

Regards

louie71

Observer
I will have one for sale very soon. Maybe a bit old for your needs but being an 1991 it will be importable as of 2016.

It's a K2500 4x4 class C 1991, 23'
Here is my thread about it. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/138015-Custom-old-school-class-C-globe-trotter

Going to put an official ad in the next few months as it's going in storage this weekend.
Put a ton of maintenance on it.
Just looking to sell it cheap at 6.5kusd

I know I'm far away but it can give you some ideas about what's out there.

Regards

Looks like a nice rig. I'm not much of a fix it guy so am wondering if the main components all work like the roof AC, heat, appliances etc. Are there rear seatbelts? How does it work importing an RV from Canada? I keep hearing about the 15 year waiting period and am confused what that means. Thanks!

PoloTurbo

Observer
Looks like a nice rig. I'm not much of a fix it guy so am wondering if the main components all work like the roof AC, heat, appliances etc. Are there rear seatbelts? How does it work importing an RV from Canada? I keep hearing about the 15 year waiting period and am confused what that means. Thanks!

Sorry for late response.

It's a very nice package for cheap but lacking amenities like the roof AC.
Still as a rear bed and can serve as a couch, full dinette seating 4 we even were 6 at a time a rainy day playing cards. 4 seats seat belts. Permanent comfy bed up top a bit larger than a double.
Little shower and small sink in the rear. Tiger shape rear but a lot more space with 23' and full propane oven lots of counter space.
I never saw another one. I would buy this size if the same layout was to be found. A real dinette and rear couch and shower in a 23'?

But the wife wanted more space and growing family needed more tanks capacity. It put an end to the offroad/4x4 attributes with the big Winnebago. Too bad but for now it's ok.
Maybe an earthcruiser someday but way over budget for the very few places in the east coast I really need 4x4.

I don't really know how to import an RV but your law state that any 25+ year vehicule can be imported if I recall. And its a chevy 5.7. Well known an reliable vehicule that traveled the world and some.
I imported an Mitsubishi evo 8 in 2010 but the laws here are quite different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues