Wanted: Willys wagon

flameout

It clicks a lot of boxes for me, I like it. Big plus was that its painted, that's great. Probably the biggest issue is geographic. I'm in MT. Otherwise it'd be on the short list to go look at. Not that I'm not willing to travel for the right one. Thanks for asking.

sourdough

Adventurer
willys wagon

I saw the TJ Willys at Moab.
loved it, stock looking but for wider wheels.

All new chassis and it was excellent to see how they fitted the new into the old compartment.

flameout

Wow, I had no idea that was a TJ under there. That is pretty cool! I was wondering what "SOAZ" meant by that. I wouldn't have guessed the wheelbase would be the same. I kinda like the thing!!! Anyone have contact info so I can inquire about the build? Thanks.

sourdough

Adventurer
To my limited knowledge it's a factory retro Willys 'JEEP THING' they did just for the fun of it. Very cool!

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
Wow, I had no idea that was a TJ under there. That is pretty cool! I was wondering what "SOAZ" meant by that. I wouldn't have guessed the wheelbase would be the same.
I think it was actually an LJ (TJ Unlimited) frame that they used and that the wheelbase worked out quite well. I think the suspension set up of a LJ and the vintage of a Willys is quite appealing. It also has ARB air lockers in both axles. Talk about a sleeper! Cruise down the highway at 75, wheel on the weekends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach