Wanting to install a 1inch body lift.

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
I have a 04 rubicon with a 2.5 lift and i want to to install a 1inch body lift to go up another inch with out messing up the geometry on the driveline too bad. What will i have to do or move/remount to install a 1" or 1.25" body lift? And any recomendend brands or pictures with this set up?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 14

jpat30

Adventurer
Have you thought of using spring packers from a manufacturer like ome instead? Will give you the small lift you are looking for and a lot easier to install than a body lift inmho.

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
teraflex offers a 1 inch body lifts with aluminum spacers. The spacers go between the body and the factory rubber spacers and comes with full instructions. I haven't installed it, but I'm considering it in combination of a 3 inch suspension lift.

HAFICON

Adventurer
I have a 2.5 AEV lift and I used the M.O.R.E off road 1" body lift. Mainly because they use aluminum pucks but I think it is a good set up or at least it works good for me. I know you are talking about a TJ but body lift is pretty much the same.

My JKU cant really tell that it has a body lift.
Profile1.jpg

Warhead

Adventurer
1.25" body lift gives extra room for the 241 transfer case if you decide to go with a tummy tuck/belly up & motor mount lift for more clearance down the road.
A body lift is relatively easy to install, although without a MML you may need a cable shifter set up for the x-case.

I am going with a JKS 1.25" body lift this time around.

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I had an LJ Rubi. I put in a 1" body lift and a 1" brown dog rubber MM lift. I suggest you do both. Eliminates the need for relocating the fan shroud (radiator does not need relocation W or w/o mm lift).

If you have a 5 speed, the console may come close to the shifter when in 2, 4, or R. The 6 speeds were notorious for a tight shifter fit with a body lift at the rear of the shifter opening, not sure about the 5 speed.

If i had to do it over, I would use a Savvy body lift.

The body lift solved the last small tire/flare interference.

Last edited:

87Warrior

GP'er
Will i have to remount the radiator?
No. But, you may need to drill a few new holes in the plastic fan shroud to center it around the fan if you don't have a motor mount lift.

I have had my Performance Accessories (PA) 1" body lift installed for 8 years, and I bought it used. No issues. Worked well to provide the needed tub clearance for my Medic tummy tuck and Rokmen fuel tank skid plate.

I always suggest to loosen/lube the t-case shifter adjustment bolt prior installing a body lift. This prevents the linkage from snagging while lifting the body. Once done, verify the shifter is in the same position as before and tighten that adjustment bolt back down.

Rubicon4URE

Adventurer
I personally think body lifts are ugly but i like the benefits of a body lift and its cheaper, how much will a 1.25 BL be noticeable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk