Wasatch - Overland

michael_l

Observer
Anybody have any experience with wasatch overland?

I’m looking for a reasonable cost and time line organization to get me camping sooner. Yes I could do it myself. Yes I would enjoy it, and I know this community prefers the DIYers, but I have a 1 week old daughter and would rather go camping than work on projects this summer

Im looking to have them or source myself an e350 to build up. Think of it as a simple sports mobile. Water and a space for a cook too, fridge, house battery, and pop top to add later. A bed, cabinets, and a couch. Oh and a heater and bug screens. No ac, no porta potty, nothing extremely fancy like freedom vans or any of the 150k sprinter conversions.

I would prefer 4x4 simply for the confidence to go to some good camp spots but don’t intend to do any crawling. Will likely go with the gas engine for ease of maintenance and reliability and initial cost. Yes diesel would be great, but they are farrrr more expensive to buy and I’m sure I’ll want something different before the 700,000 miles tick over. Mostly curious if anyone has any experience with Waatch before I commit to a 40k purchase without being able to go by in person.
Thanks!

Michael

bravelion

Anybody have any experience with wasatch overland?

I’m looking for a reasonable cost and time line organization to get me camping sooner. Yes I could do it myself. Yes I would enjoy it, and I know this community prefers the DIYers, but I have a 1 week old daughter and would rather go camping than work on projects this summer

Im looking to have them or source myself an e350 to build up. Think of it as a simple sports mobile. Water and a space for a cook too, fridge, house battery, and pop top to add later. A bed, cabinets, and a couch. Oh and a heater and bug screens. No ac, no porta potty, nothing extremely fancy like freedom vans or any of the 150k sprinter conversions.

I would prefer 4x4 simply for the confidence to go to some good camp spots but don’t intend to do any crawling. Will likely go with the gas engine for ease of maintenance and reliability and initial cost. Yes diesel would be great, but they are farrrr more expensive to buy and I’m sure I’ll want something different before the 700,000 miles tick over. Mostly curious if anyone has any experience with Waatch before I commit to a 40k purchase without being able to go by in person.
Thanks!

Michael

I don’t have any actual purchase experience with them, but I did talk to the owner and have an estimate from them in my “book of estimates”.

A buyer is flying in tomorrow to purchase my jeep camper, so once that’s cleared off my plate I’m going to get more serious and it is one of the companies I will take another look at. I do like the “one stop shop“, where they can source the vehicle and build it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael_l

Observer
I don’t have any actual purchase experience with them, but I did talk to the owner and have an estimate from them in my “book of estimates”.

A buyer is flying in tomorrow to purchase my jeep camper, so once that’s cleared off my plate I’m going to get more serious and it is one of the companies I will take another look at. I do like the “one stop shop“, where they can source the vehicle and build it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is where I am at as well. I have a vintage airstream I’m selling and as soon as that is gone I’m looking to move forward on a van.
Thanks for the input, I too have chatted with them and emailed a bunch, was just curious if any of the members has any hands on experience with their product!
This far, communication is well above average and they seem to have a good price point build product compared to what else is out there.

michael_l

Observer
Keep me updated with this. very curious as well.

I'll update this assuming I go forward. So far the owner, Aiden, has been fantastic. It's a strange process though. I appreciate the 1 stop shop, but I find / found it hard to commit to vehicles I'm not personally able to inspect. It's a strange feeling! But - he's been awesome to work with and definitely been aggressive in pursuing the vision I've got in my head.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Might be worth seeing if there are any pending lawsuits against the company/LLC/individual.

No knowledge of this company, but sociopaths/narcissists can be very charming and believable. This is less important if you know your way around a shop, or have the experience to catch BS. More so for those with limited experience in that area.

michael_l

Observer
I appreciate the feedback and I’ll keep that in mind. I’d like to keep this on topic with any one who has any actual experience with the company.

I’m not in the business of bashing people who thus far have been a great company to work with.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater