Weekend trips in Texas???

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Big Bend. You could always run the coast - Big Shell.

Depending on where you are in proximity to NM but I just found two trails in the Ruidoso/Cloudcroft area. One will be the better part of a day the other would probably be just as long due to it being along a mountain ridgeline = lots of views.

texas taco

Adventurer
texas overland trips

thanks for the replys. I have tried the coast, betwean the pherrel hogs, wind, and the lights off the oil rigs was not to fun. Do you have any info on big bend

dieck

Adventurer
Big Bend is pretty desolate. There are Javolinas, but not much else. The ecosystem is pretty fragile out there since it is so dry.

Some of the views are spectacular in a remote and desolate kind of way. There are miles and miles of trails all over the place.

texas taco said:
thanks for the replys. I have tried the coast, betwean the pherrel hogs, wind, and the lights off the oil rigs was not to fun. Do you have any info on big bend

texas taco

Adventurer
Thanks Diek. Have you been to South Padre. I have done MacFaddin to Crystal beach. Not real nice due to litter, and sea weed build up. Which really stinks.

dieck

Adventurer
I have been to SPI on vacation but have not wheeled there. My truck avoids soft sand and mud nowadays since I've had it burried to the frame in both and I usually travel alone.

There is a Big Bend trip planned in Feb.

mochoajr

dieck said:
I have been to SPI on vacation but have not wheeled there. My truck avoids soft sand and mud nowadays since I've had it burried to the frame in both and I usually travel alone.

There is a Big Bend trip planned in Feb.

When is the trip planned for? I rode my motorcycle on the 4x4 trails last November and it was awesome. Ready to go back in my 4x4 '04 4Runner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven