What a bunch of San Diego HAMS!!

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Hello Cal,
I think you have the WIN system in your area. If so we should be able to talk to you on a regular basis. Granted I have not been on it yet, just monitoring. Then you can just pretend that you are living in Southern California.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

TD64 said:
Me too! Thanks for showing us around.

Are you looking into becoming a licensed ham?

Yes I am interested.............

I have way too much on my plate right now.............especially with my son going back into the hospital on Thursday!....Yikes!

I'm thinking about just buying and setting up.............only to listen. And to have on hand for a major emergency (just sue me!...hehe).

Then take the test when my personal situation calms down.....and I can concentrate. I have always liked the Ham idea......

Even when I was a kid...........growing up on Oahu........I had a ham radio receiver..........and I used to climb up on our roof and listen to radio transmissions from ALL over the world!......Australia....Europe....etc. I thought it was so cool~! ....oops! .....Kewl!

1leg

Explorer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Yes I am interested.

Mark
I loaned out my Tech Lic, book. It's a great learning tool. When i get it back(should be soon) I will loan it to you if you want. The test is really easy and only takes a few hours. For a radio i suggest the yaesu ft-7800. I have the program for loading repeaters.

Hope your son gets well soon!!!!! I'll have him in my prayers.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks Jerry............

Very Kind of you!

As I type.........

I am trying to rest.....and calm down.......and then head back to the hospital tonight. My Son needs to eat and drink....etc. A standard ward does NOT check on you often enough! And they will just place the food............and it's up to the patient to eat it! My Son needs help with that.......and I'm willing to do it. That's why I'm there!!!

It's a really hard time, right now!

Please Pray for Stephen.

Aloha! Mark

TheRoadie

Explorer
1leg said:
I loaned out my Tech Lic, book. It's a great learning tool. When i get it back(should be soon) I will loan it to you if you want.
I'm halfway through my book as well, so SWR, you may have your choice of two. We're all pulling for your son to beat this. Added: Ooops got ahead of myself and won an Ebay auction tonight for an FT-7800 with software and programming cable so I better finish studying.

Last edited:

ExpoMike

My wife and I are looking to get our HAM licenses later this year. Too busy right now but in the next couple months. :shakin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz